AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rain sensor 14 murano

I was checking out 14 Murano w/rainsensor that will need replacing this week.I pulled the sensor to see what was needed and saw it had the gel, I let sensor hang and left gel on w/shield my question is will it cause problem if cranked while hanging still connected to wiring ? Also will pgw shield work its either that or pilk only ones availiable?

Re: rain sensor 14 murano

as long as the rain sensor is connected, it still thinks its hanging on w/s. I like pgw glass myself.

If you crank the vehicle the rain sensor will send out infrared light to detect warer on the windshield. When the rain sensor is attached all the infrared light reflects back to the sensor. If water is on the glass some of the light is refracted into the water and does not return to the sensor. If the sensor is not connected to the glass and the vehicle is turned on the rain sensor may get confused, no infrared light is returned. Any time a rain sensor is removed do not turn the key on until the rain sensor is reattached.

Jeff, yes it would set a code, but the settings would just reset once the w/s is set and all hooked up. no need for recalibration or anything.
is this a wrong approach?

(pssst,,,,,i never energize a rain sensor-ed veh.) :)

Thanks guys for the info, I was lucky parts did not get to body shop so car was setting for a few days.I did get it installed I ordered from pqw this was only one in town, what I got was A pilk and i had trouble with bubbles with ggs901 so there was one ggs 1659 pad in town I put on and it was leaving bubbles also but i just kept pressing for like 30 minutes and it finally looked good,I contacted Mark @ GGG and he gave me some valued info,my nice new pilk w/shield sensor bracket was glued on a little to thick causing the clips not to be able snug the sensor to glass, but went by today it still looks good. just a heads up this was about to be a nightmare.

It was nice speaking with you as well!
Glad it all worked out.
Mark

Mark don't forget me!!! looking forward to seeing you next month!!!

Larry, HOW could I forget you! BTW xs says missed you in Baltimore

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com