AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Auto glass convention

Was told the convention was not very well attended. Haven't heard otherwise. Would like to attend someday, but my question is, why isn't it in January or February when I am looking for something to do? And in a spot like Vegas where people will go just to go. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Auto glass convention

I would like to hear from someone that went.

Larry
I would like to hear from someone that went.

The auto glass tint guys had more vendors and exhibits then the auto glass guys. At least that what appeared to me....

Many people would have showed up if it had either a Saturday or Sunday showing. Some of us do work and cant afford to take a weekday(s) off to attend.

Thought there was going to be more vendors there. Looked like to me it was almost the same amount @ a Pilkington open house !!!! Less the XYG crew....lol

Glad we had complimentary tickets from Mark @ GGG. They have some great products out there for us.

I had posted a very nice message about the event; however, it appears the powers to be removed it for some reason which they have not shared with me.

In short;

1) Well attended.
2) Packed sessions (standing room only in some).
3) Great side meetings.
4) Exhibitor feedback was positive for amount of traffic, especially day 1.

If someone from Key could please contact me to let me know what was wrong with my original post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gary

Gary Hart
I had posted a very nice message about the event; however, it appears the powers to be removed it for some reason which they have not shared with me

If someone from Key could please contact me to let me know what was wrong with my original post, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gary

Because they don't like you Gary! That's not to hard to figure out!

Hi Gary,

We have a policy of removing any inaccurate information. No location has been chosen for next year. We are trying to go West but that may not happen so we didn’t want to have misinformation out there. Thanks for the nice comments too and for being part of the show!

AGRR
Hi Gary,

We have a policy of removing any inaccurate information. No location has been chosen for next year. We are trying to go West but that may not happen so we didn’t want to have misinformation out there. Thanks for the nice comments too and for being part of the show!

Go it, thank you for clarifying.

How about holding it in Boston and on the weekend.Or even Thursday,Friday and Saturday.

have it in hilton head and i'd even come

I attended on Tuesday and enjoyed it, I have never been to an Auto Glass only event, so I didn't know what to expect. Probably only been to 3 national shows previously, and they were NGDA or NGA events and seemed larger. Really enjoyed the preliminary round of the competition, actually made me feel more up to date, as almost all competitors use the same tools we use. The person with the fanciest tools did not finish. The tinting section was as big as the auto glass section.

Worst part was the weather was lousy on Tuesday so we didn't walk around the city.

The Tues - Thurs format worked for me, as I combined it with a Thurs - Sun. event in PA after the show

Why not vegas in jan or feb when i(people) have time to attend these events. To hold the event when most companies are still busy is eliminating a percentage of people that would like to attend. Just my thought.

From the sounds of it I am sorry I missed it. Haven't gone in years. Were the manufacturers there lining up limos to take their customers to dinner like the good days? That plus the golf outings made it worthwhile.

Today's customers do not warrant that kind of treatment from their vendors. The big and mighty purchasers who received the limo rides all sold out long ago.

I agree old timer. The golden age of auto glass has been long gone........

Probably the company that was most lavish on customers was Guardian and now they are out of the auto glass business. Steve Adelson, their main auto glass guy who retired years ago used to line up the limos a half dozen at a time.

I used to take going to conventions as a legit deduction from profits, but they are too slim now and I need them for basic living expenses.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com