AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2015 chev suburban

WOW dw 2135gby rain sensor, lane departure, and forward crash detection. This w/s has a 4 large pins on the glass plus a huge metal bracket for the rain sensor and the mirror button is attached to that!

Anyone have done these yet and are they BAD or not too bad?

Just wondering I have 1 coming in after lunch

Re: 2015 chev suburban

Underside mld easier than 1658/9.

I have done about 15 of these so far this year, the odd thing on the rain sensor is the stupid way they route the wire around the mirror, it is kind of silly. The 4 little buttons are for the plastic piece much similar to any of the GM's with Lane Departure. The pickup trucks are the same setup, except I do not believe I have seen lane departure and rain senor on one yet.

The cowl comes off very simple and it locks under the windshield. One of the best designs on a Chevy Pickup in a LONG time!! Easier than a 1168 (if you take the cowl off a 1168)

Beware I had a PGW yesterday that was USA made, and the bottom button nearest the passenger side was in the wrong spot :( this is the 1st time I had run across this. With a little persuasion I removed it and re glued it.

Larry

Yes this was not bad. The w/s is real tight to the body Just had to go slow and take my time. Fully loaded 2015 $78,000 NUTS! The electronics took a bit to figure out carefully to not break any plastic crap. The cowl is a better design. This thing even vibrates your tush when backing up to something, and does left cheek, or right cheek for the lane departure. The customer didn't even know how to make the rain sensor work. There is a switch to activate it. He also said when lane departure kicks in the w/s turns reddish in color through a heads up display in dash.

Was just a wee bit nervous with this one but went slow and all went fine.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com