AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cutout tools

I'm an installer in Canada. I've just come back from carpel tunnel surgery(in the us you call it H.a.v.s) on both my wrists. I've noticed the pain is quite noticeable after about 3 min. of using air cutout tool. To lessen my pain and keep me installing longer I've been looking at other tools and I'm kinda liking the new "Black-ops" tool by equalizer, then there was the different wire cutout systems. Before I buy in, I'd like some real world feed back, options, or any other advice you care to offer.
I've been reading this site for awhile, so lets keep the snide remarks to a minimum please.

Re: cutout tools

tenderhands
I'm an installer in Canada. I've just come back from carpel tunnel surgery(in the us you call it H.a.v.s) on both my wrists. I've noticed the pain is quite noticeable after about 3 min. of using air cutout tool. To lessen my pain and keep me installing longer I've been looking at other tools and I'm kinda liking the new "Black-ops" tool by equalizer, then there was the different wire cutout systems. Before I buy in, I'd like some real world feed back, options, or any other advice you care to offer.
I've been reading this site for awhile, so lets keep the snide remarks to a minimum please.

Surprised your not Blind yet!? Do you DO THAT "THING" during work hours or afterwards?

Other than a cold knife my BTB is my most used tool. I gave my own personal Fein which I used all the time to a co worker, and I could not tell you the last time I charged the battery on my Big Dawg.

Our motto is "we do the work for you".

In all fairness to rick I own a Glass Bot also, AND much like my BTB that rolled around in my van for 7 + years not used. because I was not familiar enough with it. I love my glass bot but I am NOT using it on every job, or every other, but when I need it, its here for me :)

I just wanted to add, we get a substantial amount of calls from injured technicians looking to get back to work.

Not to promote our product but job related injuries are one of the main reasons we developed the Bot.

Live long and prosper.

Rick,

You should plan a trip to NC , come down here we will make all kinds of real world videos. and you can school me :)

Larry

PS I am loving this corner tool

Larry, can we meet half way in Kansas?

I was eyeing up that Bot Rick, but W.C.B. will only buy me one tool. So I have to choose wisely. I feel the Equelizer will be used more than the Bot system, I can always purchase that later if needed. now i'm down to two choices,,,, the "black-ops" or the 360...... hmmm. decisions, decisions.

tenderhands

Ask them to throw in a free pair of anti-vibration gloves. They recommend them.

No doubt!!

Rick is right, a 360 will beat you like a red headed step child. BUT if your doing big rigs I would say NO to wire. The guy at ESTES said that it took Safelite 3 hours to remove a 1451 (1678 whatever) .. Now this is no the Larry factor of adding BS hours to make safelite look stupid. This is a reality..

BUT if you used the glass bot at least you would not be in the car cranking a stupid wrench for 3 hours, you could just press a button for 3 hours ;)

Larry and Rick, I want to thank you for your valued opinions, I have decided to go with the black-ops. oh, and Rick, I did get them to throw in ani-vibe gloves too.
Its too bad we cant get more real world feed back on tools and such. it would be very useful i'm sure. Larry, thanks for the knowlage on the 360.
I've been reading this site for awhile, Larry,Rick,and Dan, you all seam very profesional, I'd listen to any one of you and feel i'm getting the truth and not some b.s. story, when I post a reply, its the truth as I know it. As profesionals we all should be helping each other.
Well, thanks again.
David

Good on ya David. Be safe and stay healthy.
Rick

the one thing about me is I do not sugar coat anything.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com