AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Auto Glass Now - Says farewell to Mygrant?

Not that it effects me, but has anyone else heard that Auto Glass Now has kicked Mygrant to the curb? I heard this yesterday was told they went with PGW, but then seen they bought 14 piece of glass at Safelite...

Re: Auto Glass Now - Says farewell to Mygrant?

Mygrant Glass has been forced to downsize as competitive pressures continue to erode their customer base they have lost many of their top managers as they continue to cut payroll and reduce service to their remaining accounts.
Mygrant has lost their competitive edge now that the Chinese glass manufacturers have increased their footprint in North America and depend less and less on distributors.

Don't forget about Giant buying crap from them. That was "HUGE" In the Northeast.

No worries,the Mygrants are survivors they have had a great run over the years but it seems now is a good time to look for other opportunities.
Maybe Mike Mygrant could combine his love for snakes and beer and start up the Mygrant Snake Ranch Brewing Company,Hayweird,CA and a slogan might be "Our brew never takes a bite out of your wallet"
Who knows he might be the next Sam Adams.

Go Mikey!

Everyone in this market just raves about Mygrant's customer service. But when I started my job here at the dealership, I called them to set up an account. I never heard back from them. I left messages with the salesman 3 or 4 times, and sent several emails. No response. I gave up and get all my glass from Pilk and PGW. Its too bad, because I know that they have a better selection, and at least with the last place I worked, were more willing to go the extra mile to find harder to locate parts. If anyone from Mygrant can help me, I would love to start buying from you guys.

Call Paul Anaya he will sell anybody.

They don't like to sell to dealerships, because they don't want to offend the installers who feel like they lost out on a potential client (dealerships).

Mygrant will be fine they are probably experiencing what every business in the world has experienced at one time or another. I am sure they are taking steps to become a more profitable company. From the outside it seems like they are making some hard choices but in the end they believe will improve the company. They have a quality product, price and service and it looks like they are being proactive.

the truth
They don't like to sell to dealerships, because they don't want to offend the installers who feel like they lost out on a potential client (dealerships).

Just change the name you are using from Main Street Auto Sales to Main Street Auto Glass. Works every time.

mike rather buy warehouses than give pay raises no wonder the managers are leaving and dam good drivers hope the doors close 4-ever. even Wal-Mart will start selling auto glass..in shop or do it your self cheap ppg glass starts at 99.00 up.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com