AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1962 Corvette

I have 2 of these I'm currently working on. Lee's right, make sure you stable the t-bolts along the bottom channel with butyl. I find it easier to remove the assembly from the car and put it on a table. We had to break down the entire assembly so the customer could get re chromed. Just to replace glass after removed from the car, if you remove the shear block screws in the lower corners, you can easily slide off the lower channel and reset new windshield into assembly, then reinstall lower channel without changing the adjustments to the frame, reset shear block screws, and set back onto vehicle. You will need help, and use lots of lube. I recommend aerosol glass cleaner or burco window glow as when they evaporate, you have a better grip to the gasket. Also, should you need to seal anything your chances of obtaining a seal are much greater. Butyl will not attach to mineral spirits or silicone soaked gasket material.
Allow a couple hours for this job, not a slam dunk. Good luck

^^^^^^^^ It took me longer to read that then to do the job.....lol

Customer wants this done mobil at his job between 8:am and 12:pm,temperature will be 18f. and you`ll have 9 other jobs...GET IT DONE! GBG.

Glen Burnie Glassman
Customer wants this done mobil at his job between 8:am and 12:pm,temperature will be 18f. and have 9 other jobs. 6 of them are am jobs. And its snowing....GET IT DONE! GBG.

Fixed it for yaa !!!!!!

Went to the AGRR tech site. It said, take out old glass, install new glass. Protect all painted surfaces and don't exhale.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com