AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
76 ford thunderbird

I need to find a 1976 ford thunderbird windshield DW 792, and a price. checked the suppliers around here and no one has them. anyone have an idea where I can get one.

Re: 76 ford thunderbird

I may have one. I will Chechen when I get in

I can get ones for you new repro GBN. It takes about a week to 10 days as they are not in the US. Let me know. Tel:877-345-2800 or richardt@prosourceglassintl.com

No problem how many do you want?

Lee I only need one. I also need a price with shipping. As I do believe you are on the other side of the country.

email me at acglass2**********

Ok this site doesn't let you have email address
acglass2 @ g m a i l . c o m

Not sure where you are located but I can get you a GBN AGP Brand on the east coast within 10-12 days. Richard

ProSource Glass intl
Not sure where you are located but I can get you a GBN AGP Brand on the east coast within 10-12 days. Richard

I am in SUMTER SC
I need a price and shipping price, This customer is real tight with money I don't dought you could get one here I need to know prices before I order one

Was going to e-mail this to AC Glass but thought some of you might like to see it.

Hi
We have a used glass for one of these that we use as a pattern for the paint. When we make a new glass we make one at a time, the cost for doing this is a lot more than buying one from a distributor. On this one we would use 2 sheets of 1/16 clear 36 X 72. Cut to size(no salvage when you do this ($). Seam all edges and clean spotlessly(TIME). Use special secret powder to separate glass(so they don't stick together). Place both glasses on tool in oven and slump(electricity$$$$). Then drive 50 miles(round trip GAS$$$$$) to get glass laminated($$$$$$). Then go back and pickup finished glass(another 50$$$$$$). Then clean up edges if needed. Buy a shipping carton from PGW($$) and pack plastic wrapped glass with Insta-Pack foam($$$$) and fill carton with shredded paper(Time=$$$$$). Then get on the phone arrange shipping and help load carton that is strapped on a skid($$$$) By the time we have this done we have a considerable investment in this project. When I price glass for someone that doesn't understand how the process works most think I'm crazy. And GOD help them if they need us to make a tool then it really goes up. On this one you are better off getting this from Richard, and the shipping will be less. HTH and Good Luck

Lee
Was going to e-mail this to AC Glass but thought some of you might like to see it.

Hi
We have a used glass for one of these that we use as a pattern for the paint. When we make a new glass we make one at a time, the cost for doing this is a lot more than buying one from a distributor. On this one we would use 2 sheets of 1/16 clear 36 X 72. Cut to size(no salvage when you do this ($). Seam all edges and clean spotlessly(TIME). Use special secret powder to separate glass(so they don't stick together). Place both glasses on tool in oven and slump(electricity$$$$). Then drive 50 miles(round trip GAS$$$$$) to get glass laminated($$$$$$). Then go back and pickup finished glass(another 50$$$$$$). Then clean up edges if needed. Buy a shipping carton from PGW($$) and pack plastic wrapped glass with Insta-Pack foam($$$$) and fill carton with shredded paper(Time=$$$$$). Then get on the phone arrange shipping and help load carton that is strapped on a skid($$$$) By the time we have this done we have a considerable investment in this project. When I price glass for someone that doesn't understand how the process works most think I'm crazy. And GOD help them if they need us to make a tool then it really goes up. On this one you are better off getting this from Richard, and the shipping will be less. HTH and Good Luck

Lee I understand what is involved with getting a piece of glass made and shipped, But if I don't know any pricing before I quote customer. I could lose a lot out of this. so for instance if glass is 2xx.xx and shipping is 3xx.xx that's 5xx.xx well if I didn't know prices up front and quote customer lets say 35x.xx I just lost money. I like to cover all my base's before giving a price on a older car like this. You would think that it only being a 1976 thunderbird I should be able to get this glass pretty easy.

Lee if you have one in stock let me know. Email me and I will get back to you. thanks

Thank you Lee and Thank you Richard,
I will know hopefully by the end of the week if this customer is going to want this glass.

Mygrant has one in stock in a Carlite brand in Sacremento CA. Call your local Mygrant branch and have it transfered. Probably take @ least 15 business thru intercompany transfers HTH

They may ship it but I don't think they will transfer it 3,000 miles.

Lee
They may ship it but I don't think they will transfer it 3,000 miles.

Well I suggest AC man to get a real big air bubble envelope so they can ship that bad boy ............

I would be surprised if those are in good shape in Mygrant, only reason they are on the system. I know exactly what lee is saying. It really is hassle even without those steps. The one I quoted has to be transferred in Canada and delivered thru another company which adds a lot but at least it's available, does not have to be made and fits... customers have to realize not everything is being remade on a regular basis anymore. I am sitting with plenty of NOS windshields with minor defects here and there for cheap money but never the ones folks want a deal on..

Do you still need dw792? donnybabb**********

Don,

Give me a call 800 345 4527

We get calls for the DW792 about twice a month and are always looking for a source on them.

Ira
Glass Seekers

You wouldn't have a new or possibly used DD4159 GTN Mark? Thanks Richard

ProSource Glass intl
You wouldn't have a new or possibly used DD4159 GTN Mark? Thanks Richard

I don't have one but after looking it up there are quite a few sitting around in these old junk yards, I will take a look for you this weekend. that is the pass side front glass correct?

I think they want a new DD4159..

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com