AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
12 ford focus

did a new focus today the wipers would not tighten on the post. even after cranking down on the nut i still could move the blade by hand.. any one else run into this thanks mark

Re: 12 ford focus

Yes i ran into this last week they tighten up but the wiper transmission still moves. You can also move one wiper and the other side will not move at the same time. Tested wipers aftre install and all worked great.????????????

These have a seperate motor for the passengerside and driverside wiper.

There is a recall on the Focus wipers.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/04/09/faulty-wipers-force-recall-140000-ford-focus-compacts/

it will tighten but the wipers will move nothing you can do about it. your best bet is before you reinstall the wipers, turn them on and let them reset to the rite place. when you do tighten them with one hand try and hold the wiper with one hand on the mark on the w/s. with the other use your ratchet and tighten.

do it the slavelite way.Wipers up baby

glad there was a post on this one- done a few and been pretty luck I guess! This morning I was about to pull one out of the shop and wiper Armageddon broke out! lol

yes- turn them on and let reset before re-installing the wipers and they work fine.

Or if you turn the car on, when you get into the vehicle leave it in the on position this will lock the wipers...

Escape is the exact same way

Yeah I just leave the key on acc when I take them off and put them on. Also, make sure the correct wiper is above the other. Or its another wiperggedon.. Lol

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com