AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
GLASSMATE AWESOME TECH MARK

Had a problem with the software this AM. Reinstalled and thought we lost all our data.... not, the tech was AWESOME.... GOT IT ALL BACK. CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE.

Re: GLASSMATE AWESOME TECH MARK

Why do you use a system that you have to worry about backing up your data?

We like the program.

Breezer
Why do you use a system that you have to worry about backing up your data?

Any one using a confusser know they should back up their important data outside of the device. It's the what if...syndrome.

How many wish they had backed up....Pictures, private documents...! Not the blue screen, omg.

WE DID.... BACKUP. WE DO BACKUP DAILY....WE DID NOT KNOW HOW TO RESTORE IT TO THE PROGRAM. IT WAS A MERE THANK YOU POST

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. Just making an obvious statement to hopefully help others.
No harm intended!
I agree the folks at GlassMate are great!!!

Not only is a double redundant back up recommended, it's also wise to test the restore periodically to be sure the backup works and is writing the files correctly, especially if a compression agent is in play.

JMHNLO and HTH

Or go with a program that you don't have to worry about backups, updates, etc.

Breezer

I "trust" a program to back up the pictures on my cell phone.

I do NOT trust a program to back up my business data, and certainly not in a place where it's out of my control. Not unless there's a redundancy that IS in my control, hence, the suggestion of "double redundant backups", minimum.

JMHNLO

I think they make a great product. I have used it before and considered switching to it. They have really nice feature the vin decode, and they iphone app they have.

Great suggestion Mark on the double redundant backups. For years we went through this exercise and had a serious problem when we had a failure. We thought we were on target but had never tested the "restore" feature. We will never go through this again and have switched to another "service" that does all of this (and more). I won't mention names however; we no longer worry about any updates for NAGS or backups and we figure it saves us about 5 hours a week at a minimum.

Wow, finally the phone is ringing. It has been slow since last Thursday/Friday. Good suggestion Mark.

Mark1
Breezer

I "trust" a program to back up the pictures on my cell phone.

I do NOT trust a program to back up my business data, and certainly not in a place where it's out of my control. Not unless there's a redundancy that IS in my control, hence, the suggestion of "double redundant backups", minimum.

JMHNLO

Thank you Elaine, and thank you also for posting those other links. I hadn't had time.

JMHNLO

larry, dOn't all the pos system have vin decode and nothing is special about vin decode? The mentioned iphone app is not that great compared to other real mobile pos products out there.

elaine, you must be using the same system I am. I can literally check my business any where, even sitting on the can. It has been such a long time not worrying about backups or updates that I laugh when I hear other people still do that. Heck, even my Apple notebook does its own backup to my Internet backup service.

Embrace the now is what I say.

Breezer , ah you must be using the POS out of Scottsdale. Nice self promotion, just be honest. This is such a set up thread. Nice execution on the dillution.

you couldnt pay me to use Glassmate.

started with glassmate when it first came out, great tech support, sorry ahag, the best bang for the buck, although I am not infavor of NAGS, glassmate has been the best software at the best price of all of them out there. works great for me.

And I will add, tech support has been the very best! keep up the great work glassmate!

i belive most pos softwware providers have cloud/citrix/remote connetion services that include the back up and updates. cost more but worth the money. its well worth the money to know your data is safe and secure.

Those citrix/remote systems cost and arm and a leg and are so outdated. Only one is cloud based and that is the most bang for your buck.

I know I have 24 hour tech support with my system and I even have had issue on holiday weekends that I got help on that were not system related but invoice issues with a network.

If you are paying more than a grand a year total, including your invoicing fees, you are getting fleeced, especially if you have to do all of the work to backup and what not.

i AM CURIOUS WHICH PROGRAM YOU ARE NOW USING? I AM JUST NOW TRYING TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS BACKED UP.

USE MITCHELL NOW WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND?

The tech was awesome and no we do not use it now. We changed up to try other program that does not require a contract. Look for what works for you

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com