AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite TV ads

Recently, I keep seeing ads by Safelite that claims to stock more windshields then anybody else. Could that be true?

Re: Safelite TV ads

technically since they own a manufacturing facility, each and every grain of sand is a potential windshield held in their inventory.

I want one of those hand held vacs to sweep up a door glass. Come on!!!!!

Its sad but true...

Hello all hopefully this post wont get deleted but Belrons inventory comes from China.There banks lie in europe and unfortunately own slaves other parts of the world.Things are gonna soon change because destination 2012 is fast approaching and the world will become total chaos.

Tri-County
Recently, I keep seeing ads by Safelite that claims to stock more windshields then anybody else. Could that be true?

There is no other INSTALLER in the US that has that much glass in stock. I have not done an inventory, but I watch CSI !

Isn't running TV & radio ads harvesting customers?

Well, Since I partnered up with Pilkington, PGW and Wholesale Glass and purchase from them routinely, I guess technically they are not telling the truth and I have a bigger inventory than them. Can I sue them for misleading the public?

Buddboy,
i hope you are kidding.
i buy from BIG S, they do have glass made in china but so does everyone else.
PGW makes a ton of their product in china, i bet your TV was made in china.

The Big S also have OEM glass with the Car maker logo in it. Mercedes, VW, Volvo, BMW i can get it faster from them than a dealer plus return in if customer cancels.
i can also buy PGW, Pilkington from them.
As much as i or you dont want to admit it.
their stocking level is outstanding.

just go visit your local warehouse, if your not kidding your comments sound very ignorant or uninformed...bitter

Derk
Buddboy,
i hope you are kidding.

The Big S also have OEM glass with the Car maker logo in it. Mercedes, VW, Volvo, BMW i can get it faster from them than a dealer plus return in if customer cancels.

just go visit your local warehouse, if your not kidding your comments sound very ignorant or uninformed...bitter

I hope you are getting your free rope & chair with every order.

no i just buy glass from who has it.. it often becomes a race to get the part so i can get the job.

if i buy from big s or not they will still be in business. i might as well get the job because i can get the part while all the haters think that not buying from them will hurt the big s.

it only hurts the indy glass shop when he cant do the job because mygrant or PGW doesnt have the part.

why you are trying not to feed the machine, i am doing the job and feeding my family.
having hate for them is a waste of time..

remember you can hate them, complain here about them but they arent going away, use them as a resource and it can me your strength.
a lot of people wish they had S lite stock, but i do every time i buy from them.

work smart, hating is just stupid, to many do it here and it is as effective and trying to shut down walmart.

Derk
no i just buy glass from who has it.. it often becomes a race to get the part so i can get the job.

if i buy from big s or not they will still be in business. i might as well get the job because i can get the part while all the haters think that not buying from them will hurt the big s.

it only hurts the indy glass shop when he cant do the job because mygrant or PGW doesnt have the part.

why you are trying not to feed the machine, i am doing the job and feeding my family.
having hate for them is a waste of time..

remember you can hate them, complain here about them but they arent going away, use them as a resource and it can me your strength.
a lot of people wish they had S lite stock, but i do every time i buy from them.

work smart, hating is just stupid, to many do it here and it is as effective and trying to shut down walmart.

This is the exact reason why you will be feeding your family KFC more frequently instead of porterhouse steaks and lobster

Emotions regarding Bel/Safe are irrelevant. Bel/Safe’s gray area tactics regarding the industry are my issues. Xs’s assessment is right on & if you don’t see that…well enjoy it while it lasts. Just keep practicing “Would you like fries with that?”
“Haters” is just the tag that has been coined to dilute the importance of people who really see the problem.

Derek go back to your slavequarters the master Tom Fenney calls.You are not an independent owner of a glass shop what you are is a slave to corporate europe.You work for them (slavelite)with no hope for advancement or a will to better yourself or your family and happy with the crumbs that fall of there tables.I think you are a confused soul that walks in circles speaking YES MASTER,YES MASTER when work doesnt even apply.People such as yourself continue to amaze me how you can defend a company who could careless about you.That is a perfect example of a pawn.

Can somebody clarify me what the Safelite National Warranty is on tempered glass?

That National warranty is a joke anyway. Once most customers get butchered by them, they don't want them to touch their vehicle again! the harder they push their techs the worse their reputation will become.

I believe these ads they are running is only so that if and when the hammer falls on them they can defend all the work they are stealing from independent shops. Face it, with the call center they don't have to advertise at all. They control the work from the get go. I can hear them from here, yea right they get their work from all the ads they run,,, yea right, without the call center to control the work they would be nothing.

The ads are a cover-up like a cat covers it's own stink.
They know how much work they are stealing!

So sad, so much time spent hating to cover up your own short comings. Maybe it will be you working the drive through. Good Luck releasing the resentment and making your self better.

Tothepoint is correct. The national warranty is a joke. They should advertise,"We butcher your car, but don't worry. We have a national warranty, so if you don't like the quality of the job we'll do it over. It'll be worse than the first, but what do you expect?"

Truthfully, warranties are for the benefit of the company, not the customer. Since there is already an implied warranty it's best to have a written warranty. If you're taken to court and you don't have a written warranty the judge will very likely give the customer everything he's asking for.

Of course saying you have a national warranty sounds cool. And it allows Safelite CSRs to say, "If you use a shop that's not on our list we can't warranty the work." What a joke.

Derk
Buddboy,
i hope you are kidding.

Derk, what are U smoking??
OEM glass with the Car maker logo in it??
On what planet did you visit that Big S?
Because the ones on this planet, do not have all that dealer glass in stock. Maybe an odd ball piece or 2, but not a full line. They may have the same brand, Sekurit/Saint Gobain, but not with the logo. The logo is proprietary and you have to pay for it.
PGW carries the Mercedes logo glass, but guess what, you can not buy it, it for the dealers.
Ooops!

Im gonna hate myself for this,But I have to set things straight.Service does stock quite a few OEM pieces.Not a full line but way more then you and I care to do.I have seen it on their website and from my own eyes.But those oem pieces are at a premium....

I have over 300 dealer item SKU in my Service warehouse.

God forbid that the Big S learns how to control the distribution of glass (not just the steering and claims harvesting from their "Solutions" side disguised as "advertising").

I always thought that Safelite kept OEM glass only due to companies like Nationwide (who sell OEM policies) whose insureds pay a premium for OEM binders or coverage.

Thats good for there installers who do side jobs.Now they wont have to warranty any of there work from glass issues.All they have to do is buy the glass on the side from a warehouse guy in cash like they do in fairfield nj

I haven't seen the TV ad, but I have heard radio spots in Denver: "We got more glass in stock etc...." My only impression from the commercial was that they let the tech use poor grammar, probably to sound more conversational and authentic, like an actual stupid auto glass tech.

Derk
Buddboy,
i hope you are kidding.

Got some info for all those that think SL has dealer glass to benefit the "Indees" out there. I spoke to a couple of guys the past few days, and yes the have some dealer parts. But, the price is Dealer list X 100.95%, so they make a fortune off of UUUUU.
Great deal for them!!!!
U get the job and in the long run,
they make more than UUUU dOOOO.
Oooops!!!
Smart business decision Belron!!!

Herschel
I haven't seen the TV ad, but I have heard radio spots in Denver: "We got more glass in stock etc...." My only impression from the commercial was that they let the tech use poor grammar, probably to sound more conversational and authentic, like an actual stupid auto glass tech.

I totally agree with you. rofl but I am kinda offended too.... is that what they think of techs? Shame on them

If "Somebodies" glass network gives work to themselves or the "other" entity as they call it...The ACTUAL insurance company would never know how many warranty situations occur on a daily basis across the country. The only way would be if the insured called their agent or corporate office to file a complaint. Customers would call the warranty department at said "third party administrator. So in actuality they cover up their own mistakes and knowbody knows any different.

I totally agree! The ad you referred to AND the latest with the little girls going to dance are so insulting! "You girls did wonderful!" Really? Does Safelight think this is how their customers speak? This appears to be a conscious decision being made by this company to continue this poor grammar in every marketing ad.

Meg
I totally agree! The ad you referred to AND the latest with the little girls going to dance are so insulting! "You girls did wonderful!" Really? Does Safelight think this is how their customers speak? This appears to be a conscious decision being made by this company to continue this poor grammar in every marketing ad.

Meg, you just decided that you agree with the comment somebody made 5 years ago? You need a rest, dear.

Meg he said Yawl did great, not YOU GIRLS did great.
but thanks for not paying attention
and grabbing an old post.

My favorite add is at the zoo.

I am with Allstate I am going to call in a claim on my FJ cruiser windshield and request I get it done at the San Diego Zoo

It should be more fun than a barrel of monkeys

I always wonder if the owner of the parking lot is liable if the tech falls and hurts himself?

the same insurance that S L has that covers them in your work parking lot
or drive way covers them at the Zoo, Come on what a stupid statement.

Actually it's not a stupid statement at all.

It's happened, many businesses make you provide proof of your insurance before you step on to their properties, invoke LARGE minimum limits, and still have you follow their safety rules to do so. Some flat out make you sign not only liability and indemnification agreements, they also hold you responsible for anything you do that could cause them any harm or implication or inclusion in any possible instances of harm.

Several even want you to make them an additional insured on your policy before they'll let you step foot on to their premises.

That's the world we live in now.

We've also seen networks and TPAs, and actual big businesses that contract repairs themselves not through a TPA, in the business and buildings side of the biz, that will try to make you sign some absolutely wild liability and indemnification agreements. Many that aren't sharp enough to read before they sign, assume massive amounts of liability for things that couldn't possibly be related to their work....and yet...it's in there.

Can't blame them for trying to get folks to sign, I suppose, in this sue happy world.

JMHNLO

a hidden cost of the benefits of membership, TPA's getting insurance coverage from the shop.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com