AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OE Tech Contact

Does anyone have a direct phone number to OE Tech??? We have a question about their primer. Their website only allows you to send them an email, and of course they never got me back to us!

Re: OE Tech Contact

call your Pilkington rep

d
call your Pilkington rep

Already did it! They don't have anything!!! =

So Mass,

That might be a sign to upgrade your uri. If OE Tech makes its urethane to the same standard as they do their moldings, you should be fearing the reaper. Not impressed in the least with OE. Been burned too many times with their poor fitting and low quality moldings, I would never consider using that company's adhesives.

I tend to spend more on my urethanes simply due to liability issues.

Amen to that, if they gave you the moldings they wouldn't be worth using.Can't imagine what the uri must be like

send me an email. I may be able to answer the question for you.

I was Product Manager with Pilk when they brought this in. Adhesives are different from moldings by the way.
Quality of one does not rub off on the quality of another.

rick@glassbot.net

Jumk is Junk. You can't shine shiz.

October 01, 2008 08:00 AM

ST. PAUL, Minn.--3M announced today it has completed its acquisition of EMFI S.A. and SAPO S.A.S. ("EMFI/SAPO"), manufacturers of polyurethane-based structural adhesives and sealants headquartered in Haguenau, France. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.

The above article was taken from glassBYTEs 2008.

They make OE Tech, they also make Power Bond, possibly some CRL Thanes, as well as some other regional, private labeled urethanes.
They also make 3M urethane. OK now the big question. How many glass shops use 3m? Hmmmmmmm.
Do not spend too long thinking about that one.
Maybe 6 nationwide.
If there are any 3M users out there please stand up.
Ever wonder why? Hmmmmmmm. Do not spend too long thinking about that one either.
Refer to the post above this one.

Google them and I am sure you would like to talk to the guy from France.

3M stopped promoting their urethane some time ago. Had nothing to do with who packaged their product or the quality of the product.

Their two-part took down their program.

You only touched on a few products they package for clients.

You would be surprised who has what private labeled.

What is the question?

3m is not my choice of urethane and thats all im sayin

Snarky
So Mass,

That might be a sign to upgrade your uri. If OE Tech makes its urethane to the same standard as they do their moldings, you should be fearing the reaper. Not impressed in the least with OE. Been burned too many times with their poor fitting and low quality moldings, I would never consider using that company's adhesives.

I tend to spend more on my urethanes simply due to liability issues.
Can you ship us OE Tech

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com