AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PPG/XYG Venture

I love how all of our websites have PPG logos or Pilkington logos, and yet all the glass from PGW will be XYG. The one brand that everyone has sworn to never use! Ironic....dont ya think?

Re: PPG/XYG Venture

never say never

If you can't beat them, join them...

I stay away from PGW when I can, I had someone call me yesterday asking me a bunch of questions about vendors,She asked me if I would recommend PGW? I said NO, She then said... Oh, I am sorry. (so she must of been from PGW) Just today I did a Honda Ridgeline and all I could get was PGW, Yep, Made in China. And guess who has to re-do the job again because of distortions, Yep... ME. It is insurance so I told him he may have to pay the difference in price for the OE part, This is gonna get UGLY!!!!

UGLYS not the word your gonna have a pi##ed customer at you and your doing all your allowed not funny at all been there.

Price or quality, can't have both...

It is a match made in heaven. Here are two companies that have been instrumental in lowering the collective quality of auto glass. They should "explore" some new areas for venture. Like making prisms or glass blocks. Yet again, they still would find a way to cut corners.

It's too bad St Gobain couldn't just get XYG liquidated after winning its judgement. They would have won plaudits for being green. After all it could have slowed the flow of windshields going into landfills

LHO
You can't say that get your agent involved if you have one and not a network co. thats why we have 16 policys with the FARM I have someone to talk to.

Gary
LHO
You can't say that get your agent involved if you have one and not a network co. thats why we have 16 policys with the FARM I have someone to talk to.

I think the other guy meant from a buying perspective. The days of getting both are long over, and it's the fault of all of us in the industry.

Sir Slam A Lot
I stay away from PGW when I can, I had someone call me yesterday asking me a bunch of questions about vendors,She asked me if I would recommend PGW? I said NO, She then said... Oh, I am sorry. (so she must of been from PGW) Just today I did a Honda Ridgeline and all I could get was PGW, Yep, Made in China. And guess who has to re-do the job again because of distortions, Yep... ME. It is insurance so I told him he may have to pay the difference in price for the OE part, This is gonna get UGLY!!!!

I got the same call.
Anyone know backstory on this?

Yea, She asked if she could have a minute of my time, and I told her... Yea but you only have a minute... LOL
she asked a series of questions, one was the percentage of business... up or down, I gave it to her but said that number was only because of the hail storm that we had, I told her I don't buy form PGW because of the China parts, I didn't tell her it was also because there
much higher than my other vendors.
One other thing, I did call a Honda dealer to order the Windshield and Molding. It was very high SO... I called one of my body shops and had them call for the same parts and there getting it for me for around 180 dollars cheaper. That is NUTS!!!!

I wish when I order parts they could also give me the DOT number along with the part # That would be very helpful, Sure I will get paid for the Craptastic PGW part however, I am out my time, Labor and ury....

I bet you link to them also, which is a bad idea because that creates "link juice" to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNQE5l5HiqE
It appears the PPG / PGW / XYG are all the Same poor quality Chinese made glass. I had XYG glass DOT 563 code on it and it had bubbles ALL OVER it. Problems with rain, windshield wipers and fogging. PPG (stands for Pittsburgh Plate Glass) / PGW (stands for Pittsburgh Glass Works). PPG sold to this chinese company and they rebranded it PGW. Poor quality, NOT recommended! Stay away

http://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/problems-service-repairs-42/bum-windshield-replacement-xyg-glass-part-ppg-47761/

atom...you are wrong on many levels. PGW is not owned by the Chinese. Do better research.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com