AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Carlite/Crinamex

I always try to get Crinamex for pt cruisers, they were the only one that made all the oe for mopar and 90% of the time anything else has an ugly molding.

so today i am looking for a 1465 and 2 of my suppliers have Carlite, never saw a carlite 1465, so i asked and one said carlite owns crinamex.

w/s came in, says carlite made in mex and has a nice molding and the dot is 46 which is crinamex.

Did I miss a memo that carlite and crinamex are one ?

Re: Carlite/Crinamex

Crinamex is part of Vitro, Maybe they make that part for carlite as an aftermarket option. But I don't believe that carlite has anything to do with Crinamex or Vitro.

Check the DOT, it's probably Crinamex. They were doing some private labeling for Carlite some years ago.

DOT NUMBER: 46
Manufacturer: Cristales Inastillables De Mexico S.A.

About us > History The company through Vitro Plan acquires Cristales Inastillables de Mexico, S.A., in 1973, a major producer of safety glass for automobiles. ...
www.vitro.com/vitro_corporativo/ingles/abusbkg.htm -

We just did one of these pricing is ridiculous for MOP glass. Crinamex and FYG same price. MOP is 3.4 times the cost of a Crinamex and Crinamex is OEM. So to get that MOPAR logo you pay dearly.

We used to have a bunch of sales fliers that Crinamex would send us branded with our logo and contact info.

One was for ford , One for chevy and Mopar,one was for all brands the manufactured for Nissan,Toyota.

They produced glass for every OEM at one point. At one point they produced over 50% of the Safeguard branded glass.

We used to push alot of Crinamex when Pops run the place. here you can check out these guys they are doin the same thing and have the flyers i'm talking about. http://www.ableautoglass.com/Crinamex/CrinamexVitro.htm

Thank you
www.832autoglass.com

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com