AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Betabrade F1 from Dow

It is supposed to remove contamination from the frit and not leave residue.
Any one try this yet?
How well does it work?

Re: Betabrade F1 from Dow

WHAT nobody has herd of this stuff. Where are the Dow Essex guys. Anyone Anyone anyone?????????????????

Call the sundry desk at PGW.

http://automotive.dow.com/capabilities/industry/aftermarket/index.htm Ck this out.

http://automotive.dow.com/this/news/current/20080916_4a.htm

There's a press release about it at this link.

Gary's Glass
http://automotive.dow.com/capabilities/industry/aftermarket/index.htm Ck this out.
Click on car, Product solutions Call or e- mail DOW ask who sells It.

I KNOW WHAT THE COMPANY SAYS.
I was wanting a report from the field. You know the GUYS that have actually used it.

J.A.D.
I was wanting a report from the field. You know the GUYS that have actually used it.
OH WELL!! IF it was me I would ask for a sample. Or buy a can. Thats what I do.

J.A.D.

It smells a little orangy, has some grit to it, and gave my knife blade a really great shine, cleaned the top of the glass top stove very nicely, and pulled aquapel and silicone residue from wiper blades off my windshield.

Ya JUST GOT TO LOVE THIS FORUM LOL

*laughs*

I was serious though... I did get a sample and it did all those things...

J.A.D.
Ya JUST GOT TO LOVE THIS FORUM LOL
Just clean your parts before install and you won't need shortcut LOL

WOW !!!!I guess I should have asked how good or bad AGRSS is rather then ask a question about a product that a major urethane maker has out. That is supposed to address the contamination on the glass from shipping and manufacturing.
I just wanted to know if it workes as advertised.
SORRY I asked.

You would think that your rep for this stuff should be able to put you in touch with real life people that have used it? That is one thing I love about the product we use, is that our sales people wear us out with information :) which is nice.. :)

Larry, you are to be commended for holding your tounge for 48hrs and two minutes.

That's got to be a record.

lol

MY REP LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YA I wish.

We tried some samples of the product about a year ago. I guess it's been used in Europe for quite sometime. Anyway, it seemed to clean the glass, it was really messy, cleaning it off the glass was time consuming, we did not like the white residue that was left on the encapsulation. It actually scratched the frit on the inside surface of the glass. All in all, we were not impressed with it.

J.A.D.
MY REP LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
YA I wish.

J.A.D Do you need the security of having a rep that you can call on Sunday morning when your wake up with a question? I have that service & I am sure many others do that deal with the quality product that I use.

Larry

I've used this on every ws for 2 years. Works great! It is easy to use if you use it right, it just takes persistence and practice and it doesn't take much. You wont like it at first bec its different. Only quiters cant use this product. Lol! Dow doesn't have to back up their products if we don't use as recommended. So to me it's not optional.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com