AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
02 LAND CRUISER REAR VIEW MIRROR

Ever tried to get one of these off of the
windshield?(FW2074)There has got to be a trick
that doesnt involve major surgery. The screw
is in with Loctite from the factory,and not
meant to come out easily. We had to drill it
out and order a new screw from the dealer.
Anybody have a better solution?

Re: 02 LAND CRUISER REAR VIEW MIRROR

If I am remembering it correctly you should be able to heat the tip of the screwdriver red hot and then sit it in place in the screw. Let the heat transfer to the screw for about 30 seconds then it will unscrew very easy. Hope that helps.

Soldering Iron works as well.

we also drilled it out and ordered screw from dealer...weve done about 10 of these and only had that problem 1 time......hope to never have it again..plus these get air noise from side moldings....

soldering iron works the best,rest the tip on the screw for a few and use a pozi grip tip and yur good to go...If you get air noise from the side molding,make sure you use the oem style rivits with the plastic sleeve and make sure the molding strip is put back correctly..(strip that covers the rivits)

Remove the w/s and place on a rack. Use a manual impact driver, hit it with a hammer once, and the screw will back out with a regular screwdriver.

We tried to order a new screw for one of these last week, the dealer said we had to buy a $700 mirror to get the screw as it was not available alone. Is this not true?

Also, these FW 2074's are getting pretty old. Every one of these I do have screws drilled in the original rivet holes usually making it impossible to use OE rivets because of the size of the holes.

Go to a Mazda dealer and order all parts needed.they sell all the parts seperate unlike lexus.Order the parts for a Mazda millenia....

SPRING AND SCREW PART NUMBERS ARE: 87825-60010 SPRING, 87929-60020 SCREW,

GLASSGOD, XS...Thanks for the info.

a good lexus dlr will sell the screw seperate. We do at least 1 a week. use camry rivets cut square and foam dam to keep the winshield up tight against the side mldg and pull it as far to the top as you can and you won't have an air noise. put a good philllips bit in a socket on an extension hit it in with a hammer and it comes out every time

I never thought I would say this THANK YOU Glassbytes! I needed this part # so bad GlasGod you are a life saver...

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

wow Larry that was 7 years ago !!!

I needed this part BAD! And they said they did not sell it separately , they just had no clue I got 2 of them and I hope to Hell I never see one again!

torch to the out side till the bracket releases then torch the new bracket off reglue the old bracket to the new windshield.

torch to the out side till the bracket releases then torch the new bracket off re glue the old bracket to the new windshield. And i hope you used rivets down the sides.

Take down upper console, unplug mirror. Put w/s on bench. Either use torch to take off entire mirror and reglue to new w/s, or take a cup of super hot water from your water cooler and slowly pour on screw. This leaves no burn marks and heats more than the screw so that the heat isn't quickly dis*****d. Reinstall and install w/s.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com