AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TAG network

Did a chip repair for a customer, billing direct. he later called the ins and TAG network called us trying to get us to work thru them. Although their price was $9.95 more than what we direct billed, we refused to bill thru them.

However, the interesting point was on the bottom of the fax they sent over, despite our refusal to bill thru them. "Trans America Glass network has appraised the damage to the glass of this vehicle, on behalf of the client, and will pay no more than the stated "Total Payable" " which is listed above on the fax as $59.95

Question is, how could they "appraise" the damage to the glass if they cannot even see the damage to the glass? They are in Seattle somewhere about 1000 miles away and talking to insureds on the phone.

Re: TAG network

Clairvoyance. That’s how they know every time a customer has a complaint we are wrong. The customer is always right and they send the job to be redone somewhere else and take the $$ right out of our pockets even if the complaint is not valid.

Hrmm turning down money, that'll show them!

It is not turning down money. Trust me it will cost me far more than $9.95 to process that claim thru TAG network, and that wouldn't count any lost interest we would lose with them sitting on the funds as well.

You guys up North have alot more TPA's than the South. The only ones I've dealt with in my 2+ years is Lynx & SGC, there's this GlassComp that handles Cotton States but they are not an actual TPA, according to them anyway. There's no EDI involved you can fax or mail and no fees will be deducted from your payment. But those are the only 3, maybe there are more present in the bigger cities, but I don't think so because we're freindly with a couple of companies in Birmingham and that's about all they deal with, the ones that still deal with them anyway that is.

Does anyone have a telephone number for Transamerica glass network,

ST Louis Glass Company
Does anyone have a telephone number for Transamerica glass network,

800 956-6887

Thank you so much!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com