AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gotta love SGC

Just had a USAA member call me to make sure I still had a backglass for his van. He had spoke to me earlier. Then he called USAA(SGC Network) and filed a claim. They told him they would send someone to get it fixed the following day(Their mobile pro guy is 100 miles away from us). He said he wanted to get it done today and they told him that noone had it in stock to do it today for him. He said they even put him on hold like they was calling and checking with shops.

Anyway he was one of the few customers that made a stand so SGC did not steal the job.

Gotta love them. Glad they do not steer that would be illegal.

Re: Gotta love SGC

Tell me about it! I have even had SGC tell my customers that I already had scheduled that they had never heard of me and could not guarantee my work. It's hard to tell what they are going to come up with next. It's a shame that they can't rely on their own merits instead of trying to bulldoze their way through to get work.

Hello Glass Lady hope you're having a great day. I don't want to be redundant, as I've put this reply in a couple of other threads but it just kills me so I'm gonna vent it again. I have signed letters from Alfa insureds who when calling SGC and requesting our shop were told the following things (I sent letters to State Attorney General & Insurance Commissioner, never heard back. I guess they think it's legal). 1) THAT IT WOULD TAKE OUR SHOP 3 DAYS TO DO A TEMPERED REPLACE ON BACKGLASS, UNTRUE WE ALWAYS PRIORITIZE TEMPERED, AND NO ONE FROM SGC HAD CALLED REGARDING OUR SCHEDULE THEY JUST MADE IT UP. 2) THAT THEY COULD HAVE OUT OF POCKET EXPENSE IF THEY USED OUR SHOP, WE HAVE NEVER BILLED AN INSURED FOR OVER THE AMOUNT THE INSURANCE CO. ALLOWED PER FAX REFERRAL. 3)THAT WE DID NOT OFFER A WARRANTY, LIE LIE LIE, WE PRINT IT RIGHT ON THE INVOICE "LIFETIME" ON INSTALLATION, MOLDING PARTS VARY DEPENDING ON MANUFACTURER. 4) THAT OUR TECHNICIANS WERE NOT CERTIFIED, ALL ARE CERTIFIED..NOT NGA BUT THRU A MINIMUM OF 2-3 URETHANE MANUFACTURERS ie DOW, EFTEC DINATROL. We'd love to have them NGA certified but for various reason have not (time, money), none of our techs have less than 12 years experience so I believe they'd pass the NGA certification with flying colors. They also keep up their continuing education thru various sources. So NOTHING these people do surprises me, just pi__es me off, ya know? . That's my last whine of the day...........have a good one.

Boy, do I know what you mean!! Been there, done that! The only time SGS calls me is when they have a job that has no profit, so none of their shops want to do it. Can't you just hear them say, "we'll call _____- it's just a crap job so let them have it. Still glad I'm just a small independant though. At least I make my own choices. Feel's good to vent occasionally though, doesn't it? LOL!! Hey, you have a great day too!!!

What about any of the others has anyone ever noticed that they usually say not mobile in shop read them and see I wonder how many here have seen that on the faxes !!! Rick

I LIKE IT WHEN SGC SAYS THAT WHILE WE ARE ON THE LINE WITH THE CUSTOMER BECASUE I ALWAY EXPLAIN ON A RECORDED LIN THAT YES WE DO HAVE A WARRANTY ,YES WE DO HAVE MOBILE AND INSHOP SERVICE AND YES WE DO HAVE CERTIFIED TECHS. IT MAKES THE CSR SO MAD AND THEY LOOK LIKE . I HAD A CUSTOMER ASK THE CSR WHY WOULD YOU LIE ABOUT THOSE THINGS AND THE CSR SAID IT IS JUST THE SCRIPT THAT THEY HAVE TO READ AND IT IS DIFFERANT FOR EACH COMPANY

Has anyone ever requested a copy of their script? I think that would be something to be included in the lawsuite the IGA has with them. ??? Just a thought...

The last SGC "referral" we received was last Winter. It was one of those days that was so cold if you licked your finger and stuck it outside it would fall off in ten seconds. They called at 4:45 PM Friday evening, sun sets in Wisconsin then around 4:00. Wanted us to go downtown Milwaukee to replace doorglass in an older Econoline in a parking lot. So, bitter cold, no lights, go get the glass in ten minutes before the vendors close and slam it in outside while you're nads freeze off. I couldn't help but chuckle and told 'em if the owner will drive it in Monday morning we'd replace it. She said bye and hung up.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com