AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
something I didn't need to hear.

Safelite Is telling their employees they want to do a billion dollars(1,000,000,000) in business, for fisical year '07. and they're serious as a heart attack. It could get a little wacky out there over the next twelve months.

Re: something I didn't need to hear.

Wonder how many people are gonna wind up maimed or crippled if SG decides to accopoplish this goal by slop & drop installations in all weather conditions.

Not that I am a fan of, nor am I taking sides with Safelite (for other reasons I'm sure we share), but don't you think setting annual sales goals are important to business? There's nothing wrong with, in fact is good business to set goals and reward for meeting them.

Failure to plan is a plan to fail.

didnt state farm do like 86 billion last year ? does not seem like a hard goal for them to accomplish when they have all the referrals funneled to themselves.

I have been to a safelite warehouse on occaision and theyre printers x2 are spitting replacements out on the floor they havebooked for themselves. Im talking about 30-50 invoices stacked slopped on the floor .

I would not personally be affected if safelite did 2 billion this year, let em more power to them. I worked for safelite ran a dcc they treated me right so leave them the heck alone!

Whatever,you have alot to learn.

We're a small local outfit-we do well and will do better when our yellow book ad hits next month-a little overa yearago we started to buy most of our stock from S-lite-pricing and service was generally decent-However, always looking for a better deal, we found a new distributer with better pricing and good service-it didn't take S-lite long to notice that our numbers had dramatically fallen off-they tweaked the numbers, sent in some suits, etc, etc.We stayed our sourse with the new guys-eventually, S-lite got ahold of us by the collar and said that they were going to shut us down unless we bought from them-they proceeded to call on accounts in our area and let them know that they would either beat our pricing by 50.00 or do shields for 50.00 over cost-this went on for several weeks and from what I hear both offers fell on deaf ears. Recently they informed us that our discount would go down untill we purchased a given number of pieces from them-unphased, we ignored them-Just last week, they were knocking on our door again with a new offer-we don't like them-they're a lesson in questionable management business ethics-the industry would be far better off without them IMHO.

when I made my post I was thinking of a company that did about 800 million last year, to increase to a billion in sales would take a 25% increase. that is a 200,000,000.00 increase. that is a big jump for one year. I can't see the volume of our overall market increasing by 25%, so the business has to come from a finite market. If there are four apples and I take 2 whats left for every else?

PIE - we to bought from them both in Oklahoma and in Texas , In Texas they charged us $15-25 more per glass than in Oklahoma when I questioned this they told us the same thing , Safelite never serviced our are until I started buying from Service then they stopped delivery to our texas shop . We would have to meet the driver at a Safelite some 60 miles away to get glass, then the store manager started getting mad because our van was parked out by his shop said it was bad for his biz. so we dont buy from them but I did make a lot of complaints and even threatend to file suite against them now we hardly see them in are area .
Our sales rep in texas never called on us in three yrs time and we had 4 differant reps in 1 year. I just called them the other day just to check a price and they still have our account oppen and still havent changed our pricing discounts from when I first opened the account some 6 yrs ago in novemeber they still have me at $85 for a DW1217.

I encountered a SGC tech at our distributor the other day. It was raining cats and dogs and he stated that he was still going out with his six jobs. Like everyone else I have been blind sided by rain storms while doing an install...some have had no problems and others have had to be re-done. If SGC makes a regular habit of this no wonder they have a lowsy reputation.

at the rates they promise the insurance company's they will never accomplish this. They may however do that number in come-backs & damages.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com