AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
safelite bankruptcy

Just wandering if safelite was still in bankruptcy?
Hear lots of talk lately,
thanks

Re: safelite bankruptcy

230 people have looked at this questions, I sure thought some of you informed folks could answer this question. I really would like a reply.
Thanks

Don't knwow but, am interested.

They emerged from bankruptcy protection a few years back.

Hal is correct.

From Hoovers:

Safelite Group has the answer to what blew into your windshield. The company, one of the US's largest auto glass retailers, serves more than 2 million customers each year through Jiffy Lube, and Pep Boys service centers as well as its own fleet of mobile repair centers. It makes its own windshields at a factory in North Carolina. Safelite also operates two national call centers for auto glass service scheduling and claims processing. Heavy debt led Safelite to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2000; later that year it emerged from bankruptcy and restructured. Founded in 1947, Safelite merged with rival Vistar in 1997. The company is owned by a group of banks and other former creditors.

Anyone know if Safelite still plans on moving call centers to Samoa?

And I had heard they make their glass in Mexico? They make all of it in NC??? Or was that just a half truth?

ALL Safelite glass is manufactured in the USA. They have a plant in NC and I think one in either OH or KS. They have also buying a lot of XYG.

THey closed the one in Kansas.

Only Plant Left is in Enfield,NC. Than you got imports from china(XYG). Also Out of bankruptcy

Safelite has a very nice plant in NC. I have been there before, they were (back in 95) cranking out some actually (lightning dont strike me for saying this) some decent glass.. Not everything was perfect but it was SOooooooooooooo much better than it was in the 80's. But who knows there are always so many rumors.. I heard that a large insurance company owns some of the safelite network, now if that is true who knows and to be honest.. who cares? if they do good for them...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com