AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NEED HELP! - '05 Ford F-150 Super Cab Rear Seat Removal

We have to install a power slider in one of these and it requires removal of the rear seat. Two experienced installers could not figure out how to remove it. The Ford Dealership thought they knew what it took, but their advice wasn't much help. Of course it is a mobile job to complicate matters.

Does anyone have any experience on this they can share?

THANKS for any input.

Re: NEED HELP! - '05 Ford F-150 Super Cab Rear Seat Removal

Yea, these are tricky.

Here is a thread that explains it.

http://pub24.bravenet.com/forum/2036554146/show/557473

don't quote me as i have only done one that i can half way remember.

i have stuck in my head that those are like the old cars, where you push the seat back, and the wire loop releases? i wouldn't swear to it though, seems like it took alot of pressure to get it to release.

THANKS Syd - this info should help greatly!

YOU HAVE TO PUSH DOWN HARD ON THE BACK AND PULL THE BOTTOM OUT AT THE SAME TIME HOLD THE SIDE THAT CAME LOOSE WHILE YOU PULL THE OTHER SIDE OR IT WILL POP BACK IN PLACE SOME PEOPLE USE A BLOCK OF WOOD TO KEEP IT FROM POPPING BACK IN PLACE ONCE YOU HAVE DONE ONE THEY ARE EASY

Midwest,

I hope that thread gets it done for you. I am leaving for the day so if you get hung up can can call my cell @ (580) 351-4067. instead of my shop number that I had listed in the thread.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com