AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ILLEGAL PAYOFFS

I WAS WONDERING HOW GLASS AMERICA BLATANTLY PAYS OFF
INSURANCE AGENTS FOR REFERRAL WORK,WITHOUT THE FBI
CATCHING WIND OF IT. IT SEEMS TO BE A COMPANY WIDE
PRACTICE, AND IS DEFINITELY NOT LEGAL. MOST REPUTABLE
AGENTS FROWN ON THIS PRACTICE, HOWEVER A FAIR NUMBER
OF THEM TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN. OF COURSE THEY HAVE NO PAPER TRAIL, JUST THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE SALES REPS AND THE AGENTS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE FBI
STEP IN AND STOP THIS CRAP !!

Re: ILLEGAL PAYOFFS

In my area northeast they have a flier going around that provides a " 7% quarterly override on completed referrals from their office " and at the bottom of page " In addittion a $25.00 promotional card will be given directly to the employee refering from the member agency "
Where's the FBI ?

I agree someone needs to do something about Glass America and the practice. We should all call the atty generals office.

I agree that's B.S. too, but I'd rather see the FBI going after terrorists than Glass America. That sort of thing is for local and state agencies to handle.

G.O.D. Any chance you could fax one of those fliers over to us?

540-720-5687

Thanks.

Re: Re: ILLEGAL PAYOFFS

After you get can you Fax to me?

On the way.

Got it. Thanks.

Webmaster..........you should do an article on Glass America's practices.

We have a company in North Texas that pays $ 10 per referal and they pay by a Home Depot card I know a service writer at a dealership that has built a new deck and a shed with these cards.

We do it because G/A, Diamond, JN Philps, and four other locals do it. It depends on your state laws and here it is not illegal to gift.
Believe it or not the practice originated from SGC but I don't know if they still do it today

It's not right, but if we don't do it there is no reason for the agents to give us the business.
We either give out a gift card or they tell all there clients to just call the networks.

Still Illegal

So is steering and defamation of character but that doesn't stop the Networks

What about going after the agents, or any insurance rep. as well?

had conversation with my neighbor about rebates from glass/collision shops. I was told when they took their tests for an agent, one big part that was focused on was the fact that receiving a "kick back" from these shops is like rebating, and is illegal. they would be profitting from a customers loss, neither the agent or the customer should receive something in value for a job, those that have to do the rebating, must not have much to say about their ability if they have to "buy" the business. agents should be reported to insurance commissionor.

WERE I LIVE GLASS AMERICAN OWNS A BODY SHOP AND FOR THE AGENTS PROFIT LOSS REPORT GLASS LOOKS GOOD BUT AT THE SHOP THEY GET FREE TOWING FREE STORAGE DISCOUNTED LABOR USED BODY PARTS AFTER MARKET JUNK
BODY SHOP IS CARS COLLISION CENTER

GSB, I think your statement is inaccurate.. BP sold Glass America to a group in New York and still owns Cars Collision and Glass & Mirror America.

Hey G.O.D. From where did you obtain the supposed "fake" flyer? I find it strange that somebody would make a fake flyer that would incentivise agents to use Glass America, just to give GA a bad name. You can determine where it came from with the printer watermark. Turn it over to your states Attorney General, they have the ability to determine where it came from. I bet that GA office has a new printer monday morning.

The Glass America press release is false because there is a core of insurance agencies that recieve a quaterly rebate if they use their services in New England. I cannot remember the name of the buying group now but, I will get it.

small fry, what happened to doing good service that is why the agent would like to have his customer go to because he knows the customer will be taken care of which in return reflects off the agent as a good agent, If I ever found out the agent that I have my insurance with was getting rebates, I would move my insurance, to me that is not a agent that cares about the customer only the $$$$$, and then in that case I would question if I really have the correct insurance or is this agent selling me coverage I might not need just to get more $$$$.

I don't know how this would be possible because most states have laws that prohibit agents from taking kickbacks of any kind. If they take one they are jeopardizing their license.

SB.
The group is the SANDS group, I think you pay a dues to belong.

sounds to me like anti-trust exemptions are priceless?

I read here recently where somone was complaining about someone giving a $10 gift card to home depot for refering customers from a dealership... How is that insurance fraud? Seems to me that is no different than giving a service writer a doughnut. Personally i think it might be something that works for that shop, obviously it does because your here mad about it... I think giving agents anything except a scratch pad is insaine. Half the stuff they throw in the trash anyways...

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com