AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Combating Low Prices

I'm interested in getting some feedback of how Independant glass shops inform/educate the customer regarding the state of our industry, specifically pricing. I am well aware that there will always be bottom feeders, but how would one explain to a customer calling to get a quote what to expect from a glass shop?

Thanks.

Re: Combating Low Prices

Try to keep it brief, but plant the seeds in their mind on a good seal and primers. Wet headliners and floors, electronics shorting in the dash are things that will make them start thinking.

I never had much success trying to explain the difference in glass or training techs. A few would listen but not as many as the leak problems gets.

Re: Combating Low Prices

It may be the day where you have to pay cash for some pieces and just get cash back and make gas money off some jobs, I turn down 7-10 a week that if I just did as cash in the pocket I could make 700 more cash a week . I have morals and pay taxes thats what I am guilty of.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com