AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
E- MAIL....... JUST SAY NO TO E-MAIL

STINKLITE HAS A NEW TACTIC FOR POSSIBLE STEERING OR TELEMARKETING THEIR GLASS COMPANY. REQUESTING A E-MAIL ADDRESS FROM THE INSURED. TEXT AS FOLLOWS:FOR VERIFICATION OF THE SCHEDULE DATE AND THE SHOP DOING THE WORK DO YOU HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS? NOW IF I AM THE INDEPENDANT SHOP DOING THE WORK, AND DOING A THREE WAY
CONFERENCE CALL, WITH THE INSURED AND SGC NETWORK WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO VERIFY A SCHEDULE DATE AND SHOP DOING THE WORK AT A LATER DATE? THATS WHY THE SHOP, INSURED AND SGC ARE ON A THREE WAY CALL TO BEGIN WITH. BRIEF YOUR CUSTOMER BEFORE THE CALL SO THAT IF ASKED FOR A E-MAIL ADDRESS DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM AFTER ALL THEY ARE NOT THE INSURANCE CO. AND COULD SELL YOUR INFO TO TELEAMARKETS. SO FAR IT HAS BEEN SGC ERIE AND BLUE RIBBON ASKING FOR THE INFO.

Re: E- MAIL....... JUST SAY NO TO E-MAIL

The thing I have trouble understanding is how they are allowed to collect all this information from customers when the insurance companies are constantly sending me letters telling me that the insureds information is confidential may not be used in any way except to complete the work for the insurance company. how come they are allowed to use their position as a "billing service" to get all this information that has nothing to do with the service they provide.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com