AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST TOOK MY 4TH CALL FROM CASH CUSTOMERS WHO TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE QUOTED $185.00 FOR A WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT..... 4 DIFFERENT VEHICLES...... 3 OF WHICH WERE 2 MAN INSTALLATIONS..... WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?????????????????????????????

Re: ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT KINDA CARS?

We had a caller tell us they got a quote for $125 the other day. For some customers, it is hard to explain why we're more than $100 higher. However, more people appreciate the service and quality we offer.

I hope the idiots doing jobs for these ridiculous prices go down the tubes fast.

When people call and tell us they received a quote that cheap we tell 'em "good luck, hope they use proper kit and don't scratch your car", that will give them pause to listen more carefully as you then explain proper technique, etc.

LOL We had one of those yesterday AM. Customer got a quote of $125 installed (or so they said) and the car requires a $125 molding kit.

Like Glasssgod said, we told them good luck, and reminded them of the $125 molding to boot, along with a few other things to ask their cheap installer, just enough questions to make sure that the lowballer gets an educated customer, who understands what SDAT, proper adhesives, quality, and bait and switch is when they try to add on the $125 molding later. lol

Some people just freak out about saying no to a customer, but you have to remember, you can be sitting on a riveerbank with a pole in the water watching the bobber gently go up and down, NOT MAKING ANY MONEY. Why should you work hard to LOSE MONEY?

Let Hal's buddies do it.

I just tell people "In this industry you truly get what you pay for" I wish them luck. I will also ask them what company is quoting them so low. Then I can explain the difference in price and quality and service. Sometimes I will tell them to get a written estimate and fax it to me. I understand the customers who can't fork out that much money so they will go where it is cheaper. They know I understand and I wish them luck! 9 times out of 10 I will get the job. Customer service, knowledge and honesty goes a long ways with some people.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com