AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
$10/job Safelite Labor Price Cut - Onebeacon

Just received a fax from Safelite.

Labor rate for Onebeacon insurance is dropping from $40 Flat+$30/hr to $30 flat+$30/hr.

That's $10/job, every job.

The high modulus adhesives price dropped, too.

My gut tells me to expect a landslide of other Safelite insurance companies to jump on this new labor rate bandwagon. They are all *******s.

Re: $10/job Safelite Labor Price Cut - Onebeacon

It was just a matter of time. No surprise there.

What makes no sense is they're cutting their own gutless throat since Safecrud does so much of this work they are dropping prices on...can someone explain that?

Belron has been talking directly to the ins companys.They are trying to do almost the same thing safescrewers are doing,safelite is nervous about loosing their contract when it is up(which is soon)they are doing exactly what belron wants them to do(cut their own throats).It is said that within a couple of years they will no longer have any control.The signs so far point in that direction,But to bad the next big player will not be any nicer!

Someone has to get SGC off their high horse. They have been controlling the insurance pricing and billing for far too long. I think Belron should be the ones to do it! That would be hillarious! The insurance companies have been brainwashed by SGC for far too long. I don't see any other big players willing to step up and make it with the insurance companies. The insurance companies might see there are better fish in the sea for themselves and their insureds. That just might be a good stepping stone for our industry.

Better to an insurance CO = Eroding price= Low quality + customer dissatisfaction

Are you serious?You think it will be better!I remember you being kind of new to all of this glasswoman.It shows that you dont have all the facts together to make a statement like that!There is alot more to this industry than what you read on this forum!Belron will be worse than safelite.Around ten,if that years ago they tried controlling ins with lowering rates across the board to get the work,in my area it was windshields america.Tell me how it will be better?I am curious to get your expert advise.If you keep thinking like that you will get sqwashed!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com