AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
99 audi a8 door glass

going to replace left side rear door glass later this week, and was wondering if anyone had any tech tips on doing this.

i know even the door panels can be tricky on these.

any insight is appreciated.

scott

Re: 99 audi a8 door glass

This is involved. The upper frame, regulator assembly and inner door are bolted to the door skin. You pull this assembly and install the glass into it.
You may need the rollers(or just the outer caps) at the front and back as the outer nut has locktite holding the threads, Also 2 different sizes on rollers. Remember how you took the unit out and how the wiring is routed. It's been awhile since I have done one of these HTH.

Do yourself a big favor order the dealer glass as it comes with the two roller guides and channel all attached! The doorpanel is very tricky use care as there are many hidden screws the hardest part I found is getting the panel off with out breaking the panel clips! It is time consuming! All most as bad as the V W Touareg.

Is this the one that has the 2 lift off clips on the back side of the door panel? One of the Audis has it. If you get all the screws and everything out and no matter what you do it will not release, don't scream! They are very tricky clips that you have to lift the door panel up. They are located in the center of the panel.
Not positive this is the car, just keep this in mind.

thanks so far for the help.
we did order dealer glass. seems it's laminated and w/d didn't have it right...
nothing worse than finally getting the car down there, realizing you have a window that won't match the others, and then having to wait a few more days while dealer gets the part in.

anyways, i have done some of the audis where the panel will lift up, like a ford once the screws are out...

back door glass is different sometimes than the front door, so if there's any other insight out there i would appreciate it.

scott

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com