AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Invoice fee by SGC

SGC fax'd out a letter 5/19/06 amending their agreement with glass shops. The gist of it is effective in August they are stealing 0.5% of the invoice total if you choose to receive paper checks instead of EFT. Also states you agree not to charge policy holder or insurance company for this fee.

Re: Invoice fee by SGC

If you do not have a agreement with Safelite they can not charge you that fee. They tried that before and then resinded it.

I think we all know that George, this is for the shops that are on SGC TPA network.

I think novus is on everyone.

Don't forget to mention if you submit paper invoices...they take $13.00 (off the invoice amt.) for glass replacements, and $9.00 (off the invoice amt.) for repairs.

Why do I have to pay a penalty if I don't give another glass company the ability to put money in and take it out of MY account as THEY see fit?

I am not sure how that can be legal at all, unless you sign the contract of course, then you are agreeing to the "paper check" fee.

How long do you think the non-EFT payment fee will last? And if the paper invoice fee is a FLAT fee, then why is the non-EFT fee not flat likewise? Just one more way to skim a little off the top Safelite?

They gotta make up for their huge losses somewhere...

It would more than make up for their gas problems, assuming an average invoice of $300 @ 4Mil Inv. per year = $6mil.

Lynx has been claiming 3Mil Inv. per year in the recent past, so I assume that Safelite has another 25% or so.

Follow the money.......follow the money......(jingle)

PS No notice to non contract shops so far. Wise move on their part IMHO after the last attempt. Point is, Glasssgod is right on point.

doesn't lynx do the same thing for manual invoicing?

Does anyone here go the EFT route with SGC yet still receive some paper checks from them as well?
I have run into this numerous times.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com