AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Too Many people eating my lunch Now I’m Hungry

I run all over to Dealers & Body shops for what? A measly payment per job. I think I am going to offer Body shop prices to the Insurance companies. Then I’m going to wait for the Insurance companies to send their clients to my shop. No wasted travel time, no gas or van repair costs and no paying my guys an hourly wage to just drive around. Just cars coming in & going out from my shop. Don’t kid yourself people, for body shop prices the companies will tell their clients to bring the cars to me. Even if they have to tie a rope to it & drag it.

Re: Too Many people eating my lunch Now I’m Hungry

You are your own worst enemy. I hope you are joking about whoring yourself out. I dont have to charge 'body shop' prices to get my customers to come into the shop, nor do I rely on the insurance agents to tell them to. You are right about one thing. If you are mobile, we have found that you need an extra tech for every two techs you have on the payroll to match the production of in-shop work. Mobile service is too costly to not charge for.

Let's see now, you think that Geico, USAA,Nationwide, Progressive etc is going to drop their current TPA ( we all know who that is) because you are going to offer a lower price in one place in the country.

I don't know what you're smoking, but you're definitely not sharing with us!

IRA

Hal is this your post?

I don't want the country...Just my 8 square miles

Get some body shop accounts that work on more than a car at a time. We have many that we go to daily and work on several cars at one time. Or quit.

That's a great idea, no one has ever thought about dropping their prices before. Go ahead and drop them but be prepared to see the people eating your lunch lower theirs.
Hey, then you can lower them again

8 square miles? What do you expect???

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com