AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BY BY NAGS?

Mygrant has just added search by make/model to its on line ordering. This is free to its customers. The only reason we have Glassmate is for the #'s lookup. We just got the latest NAGS update. Next year its BY BY NAGS. Of course NAGS could prevent Mygrant from using it's numbering system unless Mygrant is licenced to use it. Interesting times we live in.

Re: BYE BYE NAGS?

But NAGS cannot (CANNOT) force anyone to license OEM part numbers so I say let's do away with NAGS part numbers all together.

How dumb is it that we have two sets of part numbers when manufacturers already ship with their own?

I was told that NAGS rates will be increasing over the next year and a half in addition to the new $50 site fee. If you are going to be in Tucson next week at the NGA show, stop by the NAGS booth and tell Bud Oliver to stop the insanity. I know I will be!

Re: BY BY NAGS?

Stop showing NAGS pricing on your invoices. Show your "charge" (however you determine that is up to you of course) and start building up your own case now.

By setting up your own pricing structure now, you will be better able to argue in court later that your pricing is "fair and reasonable" and that it is based on your true costs to conduct business.

Is NAGS in any way reflective of anyone's true cost of business? Not that I know of. Calling any discount of NAGS "fair and reasonable" is laughable, as NAGS has no real correlation to real industry pricing, fuel costs, or is it in anyway flexible enough to allow for emergency price increases that must be passed on to the consumer, such as the recent fuel increases, fuel service fees from vendors, and manufacturers price increases.

Obviously you must still show NAGS pricing for and O&A ins. work, but everything else you might try setting up your own pricing structure. I am positive you will learn even more about your business when going through this process. Just a warning, you might be frightened by just how much money you have been giving to the TPAs.

Nags is going to cost me $225 next year!!!!!! They said the price is going up for everyone.

Hoo Hoo Hoo, BOO HOO HOO , just shut up about nags all you all are just like howard stern, gee i thought he was gonna make bush loose, the same way your never getting rid of nags by whining here. they love to read this sh*t they eat it up.. Just stop crying and start running your business and not your mouth

NAGS isn't going to go away. It's the part numbers you need to order parts. In order to get them you have to use a program that has them. IF Mygrant and Pilk can provide them (#'s) you don't have to buy them from NAGS. Which is all you are doing since the pricing is so #%@!((*&'ed up. Have you noticed the DW #'s are overlapping the older foreign #'s. NAGS needs to rethink this mess.

Ok, nexozeon, please explain to the rest of us how you deal with the daily frustrations of NAGS.

If you have found a solution to deal with that utter mess, pass it on.

There's a difference between crybabies, and people screaming for relief from this NAGS mess.

It would be different if you could just quit using NAGS and go to a different information provider; after all, Jessee stood right up there with Bud in front of God and everyone, and stated clearly that if the product was no good, no one would buy it. Do you think he knew NAGS was enjoying a virtual monopoly, imposed by insurers and networks, when he said that?

Mabey he was speaking only of insurers? Betcha they are all happy campers with it.

But please, educate us on how you "run" your business without constantly tripping over that NAGS ball and chain you have attached to your leg, consisting of thousands of net priced parts and total irrelevance to any OEM part prices.

I'm all ears. And very likely to pay for the solution, it would have to be cheaper than what we're dealing with now.

Now, back to the burgers and brats! Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com