AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dear NAGS

Just got a notice from our software provider that you are now implementing a $50.00 "site" license fee for each business location. Apparently it was not enough for you to publish list prices that take no real world factors into consideration (i.e., 3% price hikes and skyrocketing fuel costs), but still have the stones to take another 50 bucks per site from all of the shops forced to use your phantom publication. Sleep well as ya'll figure out ways to spend this cash.

Re: Dear NAGS

Amen

I am sure they will sleep well, and laugh all the way to the bank.

Hum, NAGS sees fit to increase their fees far greater then the one percent they allowed their customers. Am I missing something?

Jessie, you just don't get it. If you continue to play such a lager part in distressing an already distressed industry, you will not have any customers to sell your product too. No, not because of the Chicago group, because the more customers you help put out of business equates to less demand for NAGS.

I am willing to bet that your biggest NAGS catalog customer may be the independent. Weather it is by a distributor buying a lot of books and giving them to us or by our direct purchase. Either case, by not allowing the industry to operate with the same margins as Mitchel's expects from NAGS, you are biting the hand that feeds you.

One more question; if you do succeed in your goal to eliminate the independent and the U.S. is left with a handful of major players, What makes you think they will need NAGS? The industry is going more and more to one set price to large accounts. Yes, that means they won’t need to purchase your four to six price decreases a year. Hence, say goodbye to your cash cow!

It's called business 101

Why do you think Jessie cares SB? I am sure he won't be living in a box pushing a grocery cart around on the streets when NAGS finally goes away....

Great point GlassGod, I guess I am just trying to understand why NAGS is encouraging the failure of an existing infrastructure. And why they are so dead set against large or small glass shops making a living?

We are their customer, you would think they would want to encourage growth in the industry they service and not take it away?

The CPI has been growing at roughly 5% a year but in the last year they have not even allowed that much of an increase in glass. Never mind fuel consumption costs, why?

Don't get me wrong, I don't fully blame NAGS because we as installers allow it to happen. But, what is their reason for being so aggressive on not allowing a simple cost of living increase? Why is so important to try and devalue the price of glass?

Fiscal incentives from the huge insurance companies is the only reason I can think of. This then allows the insurance co.'s to build their mega-offices next to their golf courses/resorts.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com