AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
tint removal

need to remove tint off on a back glass without damage to heater. have the back glass of the car already.

Re: tint removal

try rubbing it with denatured alcohol it takes time but it works

This is not sure fire but it works most of the time. The older the tint the worse it is to get off. We take the glass and put it on a cradle tint side up. Then spray with water and place a dark plastic garbage bag over the tinted b/g and put it out in the sun to COOK. You may have to use more than 1 depending on the size of your b/g. Keep it wet between the bag and glass. And let it set.This is the same as steaming the glass. Let it set a while and then peel up a corner of the mylar and pull it off. If you have any mylar adhesive left you can remove it with lacquer thinner without damaging the grid for the defroster. If you have a lot of adhesive remaining on the glass use lacquer thinner and paint thinner combined. The lacquer thinner cuts the adhesive and the thinner won't let it stick back to the glass. As always do this in a well ventilated area and wear gloves,eye protection and have a light libation. HTH

thank for the info.
i try everything but didn't work. have to use blad scrap
off the tint. no choice but to damage the heater.
good thing it was one of my used glass.fb4104bty got this glass from wrecking yard for $20.have to pull it myself. good deal but heater don't work anymore.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com