AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BMW Condensation sensor

We are installing a BMW windshield with a condensation sensor.( FW2448 )

It looks as if this gizmo senses the moisture on the inside of the windshieldand probably turns on the defroster automatically when needed.

1 - Does anybody know if this is the case?
2 - Is the adhesive used to attach it to the glass important to the function of it?

Re: BMW Condensation sensor

it is for automatic defroster and every time I have replaced a windshield with one I purchased a new condensation sensor.

Rich,

Thanks for confirming my first question.

I wonder if we can re-use the old sensor using double stick tape since the sensing part faces in rather than out?

I believe the first one I did with a condensation sensor I tried that and it didn't work. But then again most people who own the cars probably have no idea its even there or how it works

Run from these. we had one that was installed 2x prior to us touching it, (3rd windsheild) they both stress cracked ( the replacements) then the one we put in perfectly just took flight after a tiny stone damage so we replaced it all again to find the condensation sensor code so the dealer managed to crack the glass in and around the mirror area fuddling around with it then the customer tried getting her insurance agent involved to get us to eat the costs again after she took it to the dealer and they broke the glass . I for one will never touch another piece of euro-trash like that again .

We found on BMW with multi function dealer only was the way to go.Sorry but our glass man. use unfit parts.We as installers should have seen if it has more than rain sensor,major manu. dont care what our end cost is.They guess I beleive sometimes to beat market.We pay for their guess.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com