AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
auto glass tools.

just wondering if any of u guys out there no new good tool for r/r w/s. just looking for new design tools.
already own the express. looking for something different. thanks

Re: auto glass tools.

I use fein (air & elect) on top and sides, Extractor on the rest and wire if needed on the top. Nothing new but I save most of them.

BTB is the best been using it since 1997. Cuts out every piece of glass with precision. No encapsulation damage and no paint damage. Runs on air only. Great for body shops.

fredo what is BTB pls?

FRED I TRIED THE BTB. IN A FEW APPLICATIONS IT DID GOOD BUT I HAD PROBLEMS WITH MOST THINGS I TRIED IT ON. IS THERE A TRICK THAT YOU FOUND THAT I MAY HAVE BEEN MISSING?

The webmaster edited my previous response.
I do not work for them.
www.btbtools.com

Most techs have a problem if they arc the tool and blade, they don't have the blade and tool inline with each other, very important. You must use an approved cutting lubricant. When you hold the tool your hand it should be palm up, with the tool between your hand and the glass. One hand, don't grab it with two hands.
One trainer described it as a surgical device.

Contacct BTB direct.

Has anybody checked out the Induction heating units they are touting for glass removal? They sound great but I imagine they can cause more damage than their worth. I'm sure it's like the Extractors,Fien knifes and BTB,they all can cause alot of damage if not used correctly.

We had one for a while, then sold it to an auto recycler.

The machine does heat the metal under the urethane ( REAL hot) but we were afraid of burinig the headliner.

It great for the recycler - takes encapsulated quarters out without damaging the encapsulation.

With the inductor, you can not have any metal objects on you body or have metal implants, those heat up as well and could burn you.

The inductor puts off a lot of fumes as well. Urethanes may be toxic when burned.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com