AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Are We Mobilizing Ourselves Out of Business?

Do you ever wonder if by doing mobile glass replacement we are just placeholders until the big companies get areound to moving into our market areas?
We show the Insurance Companies that mobile installs are doable in the market place. We get our customers used to the idea we will come to them. Then a major chain comes into our market area and reaps the benefits of all the groud work we have laid.
What do you think?

Re: Are We Mobilizing Ourselves Out of Business?

paranoid a little?

Mobile service has been around since the 1950's. More and more customers expect it despite my personal feelings regarding the benefits of an in-shop, controlled environment atmosphere.

WE ARE GETTING MORE AND MORE PEOPLE TO BRING THEM IN SHOP. MOST OF THE TIME ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ASK. JUST EXPLAINING A REPAIR THAT THEIR INS. CO. WILL PAY $50.00 FOR AND I CAN'T AFFORD TO DRIVE 30 MILES TO DO IT. REMEMBER WE YOU ARE PREFORMING A SERVICE FOR THEM NOT VICE VERSA. MY GUESS IT THAT OVER THE NEXT FEW YEARS MORE AND MORE WORK WILL BE IN SHOP. WE ADD $15.00 TO $30.00 DOLLARS TO MOBILE REPLACEMENT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF FLEETS.

just because you are paranoid, don't mean they aren't out to get you....

what better judge of wether to open a shop in a market, through the network system, they know the volume, the price. it would make it easy to cherry pick the territory to open in. i'm not sure a normal person could buy infomation like that.

Good point Joe! You may be on to something...

Of course Joe is on to something.

The scary part is that he had to explain it to get us to see it.

cheeeplite comes up here when the weather is good. This is a sick situation where ypur competition knows the markets. A conflict of interest? Chinese wall my ass.

YES AND NO....PERCEPTION IS REALITY....IT MAY TAKE ANOTHER LIFETIME OF EDUCATING OUR LARGE COMPETITORS,TPA'S,INSURANCE COMPANIES, AS TO HOW LITTLE MONEY WE NEED TO OPERATE OUR BUSINESSES...

it would be a great help if we were not trying to match prices with truckload buyers. Networks have had sucess making us do this, there is no way our buying power is the same as a truck load buyer.

i guess we need to realize the value we actually offer, things like the customer getting the work done when they want it done, that is of value to the customer, not coming back because we did the job right, there is value to the customer. Using 2 people to do the work, so everything is double checked, there are probably a lot of things we do that actually add value to a job, and just take for granted. i guess it is in how value is presented, that is important.

i was to the point i was believing that everybody is the same, and we have to price the same (as truck load buyers). the hard part is trying to communicate the values we bring to the table; to the customer. i guess that is where you have to know sales techniques, so people can see why it is worth more to have us, do the work.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com