AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
repair kits

What is the best type of repair kit? I am about to go back to the pedestal type because I am tired of having o-ring problems. Any thoughts?

Re: repair kits

I have used several kinds of repair kits over the last 20 years. Glass Medic when it first came out that cost around $5000.00 to the Clear Star cheap priced product and to tell you the truth, the simple piston type from Clear Star works just as good as any product on the market. In my use of repair kits.

ULTRA BOND.... HANDS DOWN FOR LONG CRACKS AND EVEN FOR STARS THE SIMPLISTIC DESIGN IS GREAT! OF COURSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE RESIN VISCOSITY FOR LONG CRACKS. DON'T BE FOOLED GUYS....

Although tool manufacturers work hard to make you believe there is, there simply isn't a lot of difference. They all do the same thing. The principle is so basic: Extract air; inject resin.

Get comfortable with a tool, any decent tool, and stick with it (Avoid plastic junk like Liquid Resins). Use a quality resin! Your repairs will improve as you become more familiar with the particular quirks of your tool.

I went to a repair seminar that Aegis had the instructor made the statement while showing both machines the expensive one and the cheapest that they sold and his exact words where they both do what they are made for repairing the w/shields and both do the exact thing one just looks more elabrate then the other! One thing I have found a diffrence in is the resin that is used. We use the one shot resin from Aegis and get it thru Pilkington!

glass pro systems are nice and affordable.Their resin is also very good,1-608-558-1375.I have also found that aegis kits work very well,along that they are very easy to use,anybody with a little training can use these and do a good job.

I think hands down the best method is the new Spectrum that uses Glass Technologys' PRISM technology. Or as some peoples refer to it as DRY VAC thats where you pull a vacuum before the resin contacts the glass.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com