AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Allstate new prices

Recieved a fax today Allstate raises their discount another 2%, from 18% off NAGS to 20% off NAGS. "Only a fee dollars lost" you might say. But where does it stop? Look at your numbers since 1999 and tell me how much you have lost. 20%? 40%? or 60%? off your invoices from 1999.

Does this make any sense? With fuel surcharges, 3% manufacturer and wholesaler glass increases, and rising health care costs, not the mention the 20+ billion dollar profits the insurance companies posted, they cannot be justified so stop accepting them

Drop these networks it is the best solution for our industry !!!

Re: Allstate new prices

i have been in this business for 30 years, in the past when the mfg's announced a price increase it was usually a month or so in advance, a week or so later nags would announce a revision of the nags list price. this was to offset the increase of the mfg's so we glass shops could pass along the increase to our customers. now as you can tell nags is being conrtolled by the insurance companies because no new price list has been announced. it's like "well the shops are going have to absorb this and maybe we can weed out a few more small shops and the big chains can move in those markets." that is what is going on, then the networks can controll the chains. hang in there, it hurts the chains also, maybe in a larger way.......as d/t sinks.

Unbelievable. When does it end! I know-when we get off the networks and can't do any work for the insurance companies

BULL!! and more BULL!!! YOU CAN GET OFF THE NETWORKS AND STILL MAKE IT! MANY OF US HAVE. I know quit yelling! ccc, I like most all your posts but don't you work for a shop that uses networks? I thought I saw you say that before. Oh well. Since 4/10/06 and price increases from all the major suppliers have hit any shops that have not sent letters out to all the tpa's and ins co's informing them that they have to raise prices are the problem here! It's not going to stop until the shops say no. Most of us have been saying this for 2 years now,,, when are the rest going to wake up???? Get off the drugs, like metrix, turn down thier pricing not the job. customers that want your shop have the right to use your shop. Fight for fair pricing, and teach your installers to SELL not just throw in glass. If they do QUALITY work they will sell themselves,,,, EVERYDAY!!!!The work is out there for those willing to go get it and quit waiting for lynx and stinklite to hand you a few bones. The ones that are fighting for fair pricing are winning!

You don't have to be on the network to do insurance jobs. Just prepare the customer in advance of the claim setting, and say no to their prices. You'll probably get short paid, then you sue the insurance company down the road.

New Nags list prices are due out May 06.

What good is NAGS,they list a lot of parts at less then cost.How can you make money and wait on the bull tpas give?Some claims go 60- 90 days.That is a joke,to make 35% or so.Who thinks thats great.

does that mean it will show how much you pay the insur cos to install a glass for their insureds?

I COULDN'T BELEIVE HOW EASY IT WAS FOR ME TO TELL A CUSTOMER WE DIDN'T EXCEPT THERE INSURANCE . THE CUSTOMER SAID I WILL PAY YOU AND TURN IT IN MYSELF.
MY PARTNER DID THE SAME THING YESTERDAY WITH A PROGRESSIVE JOB .
I THINK PEOPLE ARE GETTING USE TO THEIR INSURANCE NOT PAYING ON TIME OR THE BILLED AMOUNT.
WE ARE NOT RENEWING OUR NAGS LICENSE EITHER AS WE ARE GOING TO STOP USING IT. I'M CUTTING EDI ALSO. I'M CUTTING COST AND I'M STARTING IN THE AREA THAT DON'T BENEFIT MY COMPANY.

Shop-owner

You are correct. I do work for a company that is still on most O&A agreements despite my best efforts.

Perhaps soon I will have my own company to operate. Do you think auto glass would be a good industry to build a future in?

It will end when we all notify the world and Glassbytes that we are issuing an increase just like the wholesalers. My question is when will we stop letting it happen?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com