AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lexus ES 300 mirror

We have a 2000 lexus ES 300 in the shop and cannot get the rearview mirror back on. I have done these before and they were a pain but never this bad. It's an FW2178 from ppg and it looks like the mirror bracket isn't molded right. Even without the spring in place the bearings will not go into place. It's most likely me. It has been about a year since I've done one of these. Does anyone have any pointers or expirience with bad brackets.

Re: Lexus ES 300 mirror

Make sure the bracket is not on upside down. We have had this occur on this PPG part before.

PPG's are well known for terrible brackets on FW2178, we use Pilk for these, no problems. I doubt you're doing anything wrong.

great. thanks. we buy from plik and they actually sent us this one. we've got pilk brand coming today maybe that will fix it.

Wow! Just got the new pilk w/s. fit perfect.

Tried explaining this to PPG rep, they simply could give a rat's axx, they just wanna golf.

I'VE SEEN THESE BRACKETS BAD FROM PPG AND PILK. THE INDENTS FOR THE BEARINGS ARE TWO SHALLOW OR OUT OF PLACE. I ALWAYS CHECK THE MIRROR NOW BEFORE CUTTING OUT THE OLD W/S. I TRIED TO TELL PILK BUT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND OR CARE.

ALSO THE RX 300 HAS A BRACKET OUT OF POSITION ALOT FROM PILK

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com