AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1949 lincoln 4dr sport weathersrips

I'm in the process of ordering vent gaskets and door weatherstrips and other misc. weatherstrips.I don't have much info at all on lincoln parts.The glass patterns are the same as a 1949 mercury 4dr sport.Will the mercury parts fit?or does lincoln have their own style of weathersrips?Customer says he has had problems getting front and rear vent gaskets.So this has just made me wonder if there is a difference.

Re: 1949 lincoln 4dr sport weathersrips

I checked the steele rubber catalog. It shows that they are the same.

I have the "05" book,except the only vent rubber for lincoln is from 41-48.And lincoln is under the independent section.Not much there at all.Where did you see that they are the same?thanks

I'm sorry, I was looking under run channels. If someone has patterns for the ford and lincoln then they can be compared. Back then most everything was interchangable.
Unfortunatly I don't.

Check Dennis Carpenter they have original Ford specs.Good rubber gaskets,They are near Charlotte,N.C. they have 800 #.May have Lincoln also.

According to NAGS there were 2 49 sport 4d sedans. The L type 74 and the H type 74. The L has the same glass as the 49 merc type M. The H has curved w/s and different #'s for all of the other glass but similar block sizes for side glass. So the w/strips may be different on the H. HTH

Thanks for the replies.It is the 9L,split w/s.The channels and sweeps are not a problem,it's the door w/strips,vent gaskets mostly.I just did'nt want to order all mercury parts just to find out that they should have been lincoln parts.I'll make a few more phone calls and see what i come up with.thanks again.
Karl

Try Lincon Land. 727-531-5351.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com