AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
any bets on who is next

Who will be the next to raise 3% as far as suppliers, and who will be the first ins. co. to ask for another 6% off

Re: any bets on who is next

I wouldnt even bet stolen money on the glass industry at this juncture.

I have no plans to rock the boat and ask for you to absorb this increase. At this point, I plan to handle as a pass thru expense from you to me.

I will be curious how the industry responds.

Hal from the dark side...of course the insurance industry EXPECTS us to absorb the cost...they would not have it any other way!! ~Western Wishes~

Hal, so if I read your post correctly we can add 3% onto nags list for work we do through sgc? By the way since fuel surcharges are common place and now increases from suppliers, I believe a 5% increase on nags list will help enormously. And will be much more fair and reasonable. We are looking forward to doing more State Auto work!

No-don't add 3% to my invoice--unless your cost actually goes up 3%.

I am merely saying that I will not ask YOU to absorb this increase.

you wont but your TPA will

Hal, our actual costs are going up 3% for ALL our auto glass and supplies from ppg, pilkington, guardian ect. All major distributors are doing an across the board increase of 3%. On top of that they are charging us fuel surcharges, and all flat and fabricated pieces are being surcharged 17%-19%. Our costs are drasically going up. We will be adding 5% to all our invoices to keep up with the rising costs. We all want to be fair and reasonable I'm sure you do too. Please let your tpa know of the up coming changes to the pricing in our industry. Thank you Hal.

Hal, I have to agree with CS. We will also as of April 10th 2006 be implimenting a 5% increase to offset the rising costs to our industry. Regrettably, We can no longer absorb the continually increasing costs and must seek to recover some part. As a result we will initiate a general price increase of 5% on all automotive glass parts, and all materials that go along with the parts, to be effective, April 10th, 2006. Please notify your TPA(SGC), since they do not listen to the shops, maybe they will listen to you, as you have stated they follow what your directives are. Thank you Hal for you help with this.

HAl,

Thanks for noticing the price increase. It is too bad, for as long as you have been posting here, it takes a big corporate player to get you to believe there are increasing costs. Maybe we can get Exxon or Mobil to let you know the price of heating oil and fuel went up also. I don't mean to sound like I am picking at you, thanks for putting yourself out here!
Could you check your own industry and see what health insurance did......Ours went up 29%.

Re: Re: any bets on who is next

Hal my cost went up 3% for just the glass. But if I bill at a higher rate through sgc network it will be rejected or short paid. My cost have gone up over 5% this year from fuel to insurance and other over head. Now will you talk with your network and when can we expect our pricing updates with our increase?

CS- Where did you get a letter stating supplies went up 3%???

jmk, The letters I recieved are from PPG and Pilkington. They state, "They will initiate a general price increase of 3%". To me that says they are adding 3% to ALL invoices which means just what it says, all invoices. That basically covers it. We are going to have a 3% increase to our products for auto glass. I sure am glad it's not like flat glass where it is a 17-19 % increase. Now we all talk about higher costs yet no-one has mentioned the other biggie,, Property tax is rising about 25% to 35%! With all things considered we should be able to EASILY make even a 10% to 20% increase to what we are currently getting for glass work. Come on, let's be FAIR AND REASONABLE! THERE IS NO BETTER TIME THAN NOW! While ins. energy, fuel, products, taxes, ,,, you name it, are all rising how can glass work be declining???only answer? because shops let it!Sorry not ME! I just booked 2 fleet installs, raised my price 15%, told the manager what I needed,,, NO PROBLEM! I'm off to make $$$$

Oh by the way, as soon as I can get to it,I'm forming a letter just like my suppiers have sent me, and I am sending it everywhere I can. TPA'S, St Farm, ALL INS CO's ect ect. fffttt out they go by the weekend!!!!!!! and maybe a 5% increase is not enough to be FAIR AND REASONABLE.

Effective with next increase on the 10th we are cost plusing everthing. Why use a price system (NAGS) that has no corrolation with cost or any thing else.

Switch to Neon, its so much easier you will hate yourself for not doing it sooner. It's also a pleasure dealing with class people.

Just saw the lof increase. I'm sure they needed an increase, who doesn't. I don't like to be patronized
(reference their letter). If you need to go up, do it. Don't do it just because you think you can get away with it.

I'm sure the price increase means the fuel surcharges can stop.

J are you serious?

don't fool yourself, once that fuel surcharge was implemented, it will never be recinded. it is way to easy for it to be adjusted, and they will always find a way to justify it.

kind of like taxes, instead of returning the surplus they just find a way to spend it. I'm sure they never found a tax they didn't like. I'm afraid this energy surcharge, which can't be passed on through network billing is here to stay.

just another reason to stop playing their game by their rules.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com