AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PPG Moulding Decoder Help

Could someone explain to me the meanings of the moulding part numbers on the ppg website. I'm wondering what differences are between wkt, wktd, wtm, etc. mouldings.
Thanks

Re: PPG Moulding Decoder Help

I have not been there, but those sound like Precision's "prefix codes". (beam me up Scotty!)

They have a whole page: WKT is Windsheild Molding Kit, WTM is Windshield Top Molding, but they don't have a WKTD. Most of the others are basic, WBL is a black weather strip, WCR is a chrome weatherstrip, ect ect.

Is PPG selling Precision moldings? If so, try prp.com, but I have not seen the prefix page online, I had to grab the catalog.

If you buy from Pilkington ask your sales rep for an accessory catalog and you will have all the info you need

Just heard that Iowa Glass just bought Precision Mldg.Also heard PPG is working out of Iowa,s place in Iowa? Is that true? And where did Iowa get the money to buy Precision?

a D or F after the WKT or WFS or whatever indicates domestic or foreign.

As for the Iowa Glass - Precision Deal, IGD made plenty enough cash in selling their distribution centers to PPG to pay for the Precision deal.

the break down on the codes is as follows
wfsf:first leteer for part w/s in this case
f:second letter is for the filler
s:third is the strip
f: last denotes foriegn
wfsd:windshield,filler,strip,domestic
wtf: windshield,filler,top, foriegn
wftd: windshield,filler, top,domestic
wktd: windshield,kit,domestic
wbl:windshield black gasket
wcr:winshield gasket and has a groove for a chrome insert!
if after the #'s if it had oem then that denotes
original equipment manufacture
I hope this sheads a bit of light.This is how I understand it to be

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com