AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Since we can't discuss pricing

ok since we can't discuss pricing I am asking for a quote from all the other shops out there.Please quote me your normal price break down labor and materials.

2004 ford Econoline Windshield

Re: Since we can't discuss pricing

Ptotek, Dogg, is that you?

no... I am not a trouble maker, I am just trying to see how other shops come up with there price, maybe if they actually type there real price on this forum they will think to themselves...thats too low

Just a heads up - I'm not sure the publisher is going to like where this thread is heading so it might not be here later. I've not heard anything yet but they are all out in Vegas right now and its still pretty early out there.

I see your point webmaster, and I know there is a fine line here, but I do believe I am on the correct side of the line by using the wording I chose. I am not telling everyone to raise there prices, its like me making a phone call to all the glass shops and getting a quote, I just thought this would be faster and saving my dialing finger for picking my nose.

Look at some of the web prices, and call cheeplite for a cash price and you will see part of the problem. You might call a wrecking yard or aftermarket parts dist. too. I only give out prices to my customers and I don't buy over the phone or web. Why don't we just ask for A reverse auction to see who can come up the the lowest price, no verification and asking for trouble. Call the car dealer for true list prices.

ok here is a perfect example I just got a call from a customer on a DW1324 I gave a price of $251.24 plus $12 something for the moulding. The fine installer at a mobile only place gave a price of $145.00 total!!!! Funny thing is I got the job

WHY CAN'T AGRR MAGAZINE DO A SURVEY OF THE "FORMULAS" USED TO DETERMINE PRICING , BY SHOPS ALL OVER OUR GREAT COUNTRY TO SEE HOW THE SHOPS COMPARE FROM MARKET TO MARKET. AT ONE TIME I THOUGHT I SAW AN ARTICLE ABOUT THE AVERAGE PRICES ON THE TOP 10 OR 20, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. I WONDER HOW IT WOULD ALSO COMPARE TO SEE WHERE SHOPS ARE GETTING PAID, SHORT PAID, OR NOT PAID. AND COMPARE IT TO WHAT SHOPS "BELIEVE OR FEEL THEY NEED TO BE PAID TO BE PROFITABLE". AND RATHER THAN USE ACTUAL PRICES, USE THE "FORMULAS" THAT ARE NEEDED TO BE PROFITABLE YET FAIR AND REASONABLE. EXAMPLE,,, USING CURRENT NAGS, WHAT KIND OF MARK-UPS OR DISCOUNTS ARE NEEDED, THEN WHAT LABOR RATES WORK FOR THE TYPE OF BUSINESS, MOBILE OR SHOP, ETC ETC. SINCE NAGS IS THE ONE SETTING THE PRICES WHY CAN'T SHOPS SPEAK ABOUT FORMULAS FOR USING NAGS TO BE PROFITABLE,, AGAIN,,, BEING PROFITABLE ISN'T ILLEGAL,,, IS IT??????HMMM

ok how about this... I am starting a billing network like lynx and sgc but I have don't refer any work to you nor do I recieve bills from you for payment, but it doesn't cost anything to join, and I just publish my "Network" billing formula. I send out faxes every couple of months adjusting the billing formula to compensate for fuel costs and other market variables. Now this isn't an insurance billing network, its a general billing network, with maybe two or three tiers on for walk in customers maybe on for dealerships and one for fleet and body shops. In my opinion this can't be illegal, because its the same exact thing the other networks are doing, since you are not guarenteed any work from them but still have to except the pricing. So how bout it anyone want to join my billing "Network"

I'd join!

Heck, before the Quest Network started up here in the Great Lakes Region, they actually called around and asked many of the regional Independent Glass Shops for the discounts they were giving to all of the Networks, labor rates, and kit charges.
They got what they were looking for, from most everyone, because they pretended that they were going to be using the information to "help make some changes" to the Network pricing problems.
But what they did then was go to all of the Insurance Carriers and say, "Hey, we know what discount such and such Network is getting for you from this list of "preferred vendors" but look what WE can do for you!

They were simply a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Now, if no one is supposed to be able to discuss pricing, how the heck did they manage to get away with that maneuver??
Well, according to what I found out, these "Networks" are acting "on behalf" of the Insurance Carriers, and therefore they can get away with talking prices and discounts amongst themselves because as a "representative" of the Insurance Carrier, they fall under the same B.S. rules that allow the Insurance Carriers to discuss premiums and rates.

I will be posting a possible solution to some of this "we can't talk pricing" issue very soon.
If my solution is accepted by everyone in the Auto Glass Industry, I believe it will force the Insurance Carriers to take another look at the entire Network system. It would also force the Carriers to deal with each of us DIRECTLY rather than having someone who is "representing" them.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com