AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WHERE'S THE MAN ON THE WHITE HORSE?

WHY IS IT ILLEGAL IF WE ALL TALK ABOUT MAKING OUR INDUSTRY FAIR & PROFITABLE FOR ALL OF US? WHY CAN'T WE AS AN INDUSTRY SHOW BILLION DOLLAR PROFITS? YET THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY CAN. WHY ARE WE THE SUBJECT OF NEWS REPORTS SITING US FOR UNSAFE INSTALLATIONS; WHEN WE ARE FORCED TO PROVIDE INFERIOR GLASS FOR REPLACEMENT BECAUSE THE OE GLASS COSTS MORE THAN WE ARE ALLOWED TO CHARGE. UNLESS WE SEND THEM OUR PROOF OF PURCHASE AND WOO WOO! THEY MAY OR MAY NOT GIVE US A WHOPPING 10% OVER COST... BUT ONLY IF THEY FEEL LIKE IT THAT DAY------------ I WISH I COULD GO IN TO MY INSURANCE AGENTS OFFICE AND TELL HIM HIS SERVICE ISN'T WORTH WHAT HE EXPECTS AS PAYMENT SO HEY, INSTEAD OF THE $800.00 ANNUAL PAYMENTS HE GETS $300.00 AND WHEN I D--- WELL FEEL LIKE IT AND TOO BAD SO SAD IF YOU WORK IN THE RED--- GET USED TO IT IT'S A NICE WARM COLOR! ----- DO YOU GUYS THINK WE SHOULD GET IN TOUCH WITH RALPH NADER? HE'S KINDA GOOFY, BUT HE DOES GET ATTENTION? --- WE NEED AN ADVOCATE, GUYS... IF WE DON'T GET ONE, WE'LL ALL END UP LOOKING FOR NEW JOBS... OR WORSE.

Re: WHERE'S THE MAN ON THE WHITE HORSE?

Naders another skull puppet for the insurance industry.Id look for someone with a supermodel wife so we can at least have something good to look at besides the red ink .

Good question! As you are experiencing...the insurance industry is one of the most powerful industries in the world.

Isn't it interesting, if we don't pay our premium's on time, we are dropped from coverage. But yet, if a person who is in an accident is hurt...they drag their feet, or even object to paying what is owed!
~Western Wishes~

The only way to change the industry is to change it ourselves! I understand the insurance companys concern on pricing but they are also in bed with the major glass company's. Most of these stores have contracts stating that a percentage of work is going to be repairs & the rest will be replacements & as we all know when they dispatch, it always starts as a repair then it changes into a replacement, so in reality they are living up to thier contract. On the other hand we as small business owner operators are stuck with the "fair & ridiculous" pricing structure. Now I hope everybody in the industry knows that the insurance commissioner of your state is paid by the insurance company's so you can't write them but maybe we can all band together & demand the written structure of how they came to these figures & why, then maybe we can conclude that if they promise us the work they promise the major company's then perhaps the tables will turn. I personaly think we as installers/owners can also take back the industry by enforcing the fact that we are professionals & who are you to dictate to us what we are WORTH! Honestly when was the last time you told your electrician that he is only to receive this amount only because thier competitor will do it for that. In all reality all they have is a person who could'nt sell mufflers so they gave him or her a glass job & thier solution was to cut prices how smart do you have to be to cut the price to get a job! We need to turn this on them & start enforcing the true professionalism of this trade. Face it if it were'nt for us who would they have to keep thier own customer's. Like I told one of the network personel when they got short with me, they told me that they could get somebody else with the same skills to do it for less & I told her that I could get sombody to do her job for less also, of course she hung up because she was insulted. LET'S STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS & START SHOWING THEM HOW MUCH THEY REALLY NEED US!!!

hey John L, you are so correct, give me some direction on to how and where to start, I will be right there! We need to move forward on this and also be "FAIR" and resonable but not out of line with the pricing.

I agree! The IGA should spend money on a national ad campaign on how a w/s is replaced and how it could save lives if done properly. Also the choices they have when it comes to insurance claims, instead of tring to sue Safelite.. Inform the consumer and let them decide on something other than price. Right now that's all they have.

Re: WHERE'S THE MAN ON THE WHITE HORSE?- Look in the mirror

"Throughout the Universe there is order.

In the movement of the planets, in nature and in the functioning of the human mind.

A mind that is in its natural state of order is in harmony with the Universe and such a mind is timeless, for life is an expression of your mind.

YOU ARE THE CREATOR OF YOUR OWN UNIVERSE, for as a human being you are free to will whatever state of being you desire through the use of your thoughts and words.

There is great power there.

Can be a blessing or a curse, it's entirely up to you, for the quality of your life is brought about by the quality of your thinking.

Think about that.

Thoughts produce actions.

Look at what you are thinking.

See the pettiness, the envy, the greed and the fear, and all the other attitudes that cause you pain and discomfort.

Realise that the one thing you have absolute control over is your attitude.

See the effect that it has on those around you, for each life is linked to all life. And your words carry with them chain reactions, like a stone that is thrown into a pond.

If your thinking is in order, your words will flow directly from the heart creating ripples of love.

If you truly want to change your world my friends, you must change your thinking.

Reason is your greatest tool, it creates an atmosphere of understanding which leads to caring, which is love.

Choose your words with care. Go forth with love."

Written by Dave Clark and spoken by Laurence Olivier in the musical production of "Time"

Streeky D
this was very deep but business is business. Outlook & attitude play a major roll in everybody's life but deeper into these thoughts is the fact that you must not let everybody step all over you for then your self worth shall surely vanish. People tend to follow but when it is forced down your throat then you must as a human being in whole rise to the situation and defeat it, not walk beside it. If attitude is the key then where is it in the industry? I see alot of complaints but I don't see anybody telling the networks to stick in their own eye, and tell them this is what I charge, I'm worth this for the customer called me, my honor role student beat up your honor role student, etc.........

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com