AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
other incomes

I was wondering what other things go well with autoglass that can be profitable.other than batterys,alternators,assecories.Not that those are bad things,but those services are already being done by friends in town.Any sugestions would be great!thanks

Re: other incomes

You guys need to charge a "shop fee." I just had four new tires and my back brakes done (I don't even want to get started about what they charged me for that) and as the guy was running down the list of charges he says "shop fee $25.00." I said "shop fee?" He says yeah, to cover any weights that were used to balance the tires, tools, shop rags, etc. Talk about passing along your operational costs. Sheez.

not sure of your area but if it is sunny, window tinting goes well.

Mike,good reply,there is a guy in town that does that also.he sends me alot of work,dont want to burn that bridge.keep them coming

Realityglass, do you do any flat glass? mirrors to plexi, storms, screens, insulated units,shower stalls etc. Luckily right after I opened my shop in smalltown, USA, I started doing ALL glass. it's a pleasure NOT having to deal with tpa's and Ins. co's on flat glass. It's pretty sad we have to look to other venues because auto glass market has been *****d to death! good luck to you and ALL of us!

you could always become a consultant, don't ask me what kind. my experience with consultants consists of them coming in, telling us what we should do, collecting ungodly sums of money, and leaving.

i don't think there is any correlation between them being right and collecting their money, kind of like weathermen. ha ha

Shop-owner is correct. The profit margin on simple table tops, mirrors and the like is strong. It can also build customer loyalty toward your shop whenever auto glass needs arise.

That would be great,but there is a guy and his son in town that have been doing that for years.I have built a good business relationship with them.They also send me alot of work,I dont want to burn that bridge,he is also related to the biggest ins agent in town who gives me 95% of his work and referels.Keep the ideas coming.thanks

Pizza... Sell some pizza, you already have the mobile units so delivery won't be a problem. Over diversifying can become more of a problem then you think. You are in the glass business stick to glass and glass related things, if you are not making money with glass, maybe its time to look for a new business all together instead of trying to add something to make up for the fact that the glass industry is down the tubes.

Good point.

WEBMASTER, AH, SHOP FEE? WE CAN'T EVEN GET CLIPS, RUST REPAIR, OR ANY KIND OF COST OF LIVING RAISE. WE HAVE TO FIGHT FOR EVERY DANG PENNY AND TAKE THE GREEDY RASCALS TO COURT AND ARBITRATION TO GET FAIR AND REASONABLE PAYMENT FOR WHAT WE DO. WE JUST DID A HEATED W/S TODAY THAT THE TOTAL BILL WAS AROUND $500.00. THAT SAME EXACT W/S, BEFORE NAGS GREAT REBALANCE, THE END BILL WAS AROUND $1100.00. WORSE PART IS THAT PIECE COSTS ME MORE TODAY THAN IT DID BACK IN 04 BEFORE NAG'S GREAT BLUNDER. SAD PART IS,,, THE DIFFERENCE FROM THEN UNTIL NOW,,, DID THE CONSUMER GET THAT??? NO, WE HAVE ALL SEEN PREMIUMS GO UP. IT'S PRETTY EASY TO SEE WHY INS CO'S HAVE ALL TIME RECORD PROFITS GOING ON. IT'S REALLY SAD THAT GLASS SHOPS HAVE TO LOOK ELSE WHERE TO MAKE A PROFIT. WE ARE WAITING ON INFO TO DO SPRAY IN BED LINERS FOR P/UPS AS WE SPEAK. ARRGG!!! THIS JUST TICKS ME OFF $^%@#(*$%(*@#%$(*

glass etching and sandblasting in my area nobody does it, already did 5 vehicle security engravings 20-30minutes worth of work large profit!!!!!

Re: other incomes-thnking outside the box

If they are in your shop, these could work woth proper signage and displays.

Windshield wipers?
Aftermarket custom accessories?
Auto alarms?
Stereos?
Car Wash?
Car detailing?

I had a friend that tried Pizza and Ice Cream and the traffic generated didn't compliment his core business.

Does this seem like an ad?

Yes ... it did.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com