AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Safelite preffered

Could someone please tell me how to get on safelites preffered vendor list. I have customers that call s/l looking to have work done in our shop but are told we have not accepted their rates, we may overcharge yada yada yada you know drill. I have contacted s/l to try to accept pricing or what ever it is i have to do but am given the run around and ultamitly was given a new number to call, turned out to be a fax. Does anyone know the right # to call. Thanks.

Re: Safelite preffered

Try 1-800-SLO-DETH.

You don't have to be on "thier" network to do work for "your" customer. In most all states the customer has the right to choose your shop. To be on the preffered list is about the unwisest thing you could do. They will really stick it to ya then!!!! GOOD LUCK,, YOU ARE GOING TO NEED IT! WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO DO WHAT EVER IT IS THEY HAVE TO ,, TO WORK WITH THOSE BO-ZO'S. BEST JOKE I HEARD ALL DAY!

GREAT RESPONSES TO THIS ONE

WAIT A MINUTE,,, I JUST FIGURED IT OUT,,,, THE AUTOGLASS INDUSTRY HAS MORE MASICISTS THAN ANY OTHER FIELD OUT THERE!!!! OR DOES IT COME FROM THE PRIMERS AND URETHANE ODORS. QUIT BREATHING THAT STUFF!

Brian...If you really want to go to their website to get started.

Brian,

You may want to go to SGC website, and email them direct to get the phone number, or question answered of "how to join". As the other's have replied, it is a slow death, once you join! You work hard, and the pay is NOT good!

Do a search on this site...Type in Safelite (in the search box), and look at the frustration and the anger everyone has, that have dealt with SGC. It may give you an insight at what your going to be in for, when joining. ~Western Wishes~

thanks for the information

we had that happen with an off-brand insurance company. they told the insured that we were not preferred and all the b.s. they spill forth. the insured told them last time she checked she could use who ever she wanted. naturally they gave her the overcharge and you will be responsible for extra costs speech and she said that she hardy doubted that we would try to screw her over. the weird part is that we had ALREADY AGREED to their DEEEEP discounts and menial labor. and they did try to tell her that they could send their mobile service out to take care of it for her so that she would not be inconvenienced! after she chewed them out they were glad to fax us the dispatch.
sidenote: the girls previous insurance policy was a safelite handled deal. they sent the hearse out to fix a rock chip and charged her insurance160.00. but they only pay us 50.00 on average for the first chip repair in our area.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com