AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
American Family gets zapped.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/7newsinvestigates/7011681/detail.html

Re: American Family gets zapped.

mark you know as well as i do,

american family will follow the state farm program. contribute to the judge's campaign, buy a judge, overturn the verdict.

no problem.

it's nice to see a few verdicts in the little guys favor, but with the appeal process, the little guy will probably never see the money.

Joe may be right, but I'm guessing that Am Fam will realize that eating the verdict to keep the press about the 'flying pink pig' from getting any bigger is the smart move. Remember the stunt Farmers (as I recall) pulled against the nice lady that ended up living in her car in WA because somebody deliberately running into her didn't fall under the definition of 'accident' in the policy? They paid big in that fiasco, in terms of dollars and bad PR.

The Farm was fighting a billion verdict, and now the Judge they bought is dealing wiht the backlash, and if the articles are true, the Farm might have spent as much as this verdict buying that judge.

There's not enough money here to risk the increase in bad press and the flying pink pig is already in the court records.

On the other hand, the records have Bill Hardt saying "How do we convince consumers these parts are the same, when we know they're not?" also.

Now, the Farm has the shops who sign accepting the liability for the parts, and for informing the consumers that they shop used them.

i think the flying pig is classic.

that must have presented such a clear picture to the jury. without the pig i wonder what would have happened?

maybe it is that rub it in your face type stuff that really sets the jury off.

i don't think a story like this could get to much press, hopefully we are not the only ones who actually read stories like that.

This is a classic !!!!!

"Four Stars" **** - Siskel & Ebert

I bet they have the last laugh on the appeal .

Mark...where's the proof that any judge was paid off? I'd like to see that. Thanks.

If I may, I'll answer that one Glassgod.

Google "Karmeier and State Farm", but get a big cup of coffee first.

In defense of the Farm, it's not just about them and Karmeier, it's about Big Tobacco and Karmeier too.

Thanks Mark....I had no idea. I guess I shoulda went to law school and became a judge.

In fairness to the Farm, this was in Sunday's St. Louis Post Dispatch. "The law firm that represented the plaintiffs against State Farm, Clifford Law Offices of Chicago, donated $10,000 to Justice Charles Freeman in 2000. Freeman voted against State Farm in last year's decision." (that decision was reversed by Justice Karmeier who did receive campaign contributions from lawyers and employees of State Farm.) Works both ways for judges in Illinois (where dead people still vote).

that just goes to show what can happen when you don't contribute from "the heart".

they didn't make that mistake twice. lol

This just goes to show how "GREAT" America has become, or is the word "corrupt"?

Someday, I hope, WE THE PEOPLE take back this great country and stop letting the "1000 kings one mile away"(as one of my favorite movie quotes states)control our lives.

What co. does Hal work for?

3 Million is not enough!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com