AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OPERATING IN THE BLACK.

Looking for glass company owner to sell me their financial statement.
Must have "autoglass" sales over $100,000 per month. Must have monthly detail income statement showing glass cost, labor, taxes, selling expenses, and overhead. Must see at least 3 continuous months and I want both Dollars and Percentages. Will pay $100 per 3-month statement. Absolutely confidential. This is not a joke. I want to see success so I can emulate success.

Re: OPERATING IN THE BLACK.

whatever!!

Re: Re: OPERATING IN THE BLACK.

NEAL HOW ABOUT I GIVE YOU 50 DOLLARS FOR
YOUR SS# AND ALL OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS.

ELRON, Why make comments if they are negative. I'm not looking to pick fights, I am looking for answers. Is this a professional Forum or your playground. Grow Up, Putz.

THE FUMES FROM THE PRIMER HAS GOTTEN TO THIS GUY.

Neal in Ohio?

Re: Re: OPERATING IN THE BLACK.

NEAL NO SENSE OF HUMOR ? I CAN SEE HOW PROFESSIONAL YOU ARE CALLING ME A PUTZ.

Is keystone looking for new ways to expand?

CAN YOU SAY ,,,TRUST???? I REALLY DON'T KNOW IF TRUST EXISTS ANYWHERE IN THIS INDUSTRY!!!! IT'S DOG EAT DOG AND EVERYONE OUT FOR THEMSELVES. GREED RULES, STARTING WITH THE INS INDUSTRY, TO THE TPA'S AND DOWN TO THE SHOPS. EVERYONE WANTS MORE. WHERE WILL THIS END??? IF YOU QUESTION NEAL'S MOTIVES WHY NOT ASK SOME SERIOUS QUESTIONS AND SEE WHAT ANSWERS YOU GET FIRST! I DON'T FIT THE CRITERIA YOU ASK FOR OR I WOULD AT LEAST CHAT WITH YOU. OUR GROSS SALES ARE NOWHERE NEAR 100K MONTHLY. PLUS OUR FINANCIALS ARE SO PATHETIC MOST GOOD BUSINESS PEOPLE WOULD RUN THE OTHER WAY! WE CONTINUE TO DO THINGS WITH SOUND BUSINESS COMMON SENCE YET STEERING, & PRICE CONTROLING IS KILLING US.

Thanks BS. A real answer to a serious question. Thank you.

we came close to 100k a month but those days seem to be over for us, want kind of information are you looking for, because I know overhead and labor costs in different parts of the country differ greatly. Are you looking to see if you are paying too much for Glass or labor? Or are you looking to see what kind of profit margin others opperate at? Those questions people might not be as affraid to answer. But in either case, its going to depend on what part of the country they are in. I know that in my market overhead and labor are high, and prices are riddiculously low.

Thanks SNOT. Looking for reality. Looking for operating stats to benchmark my performance. I maybe better or worse. Need comparitive data to validate our performance or lack of performance.

Would you be willing to give up that kind of info for your company?

YES 419-841-6636 X 206

Neal - 100k per month is pretty good volume. What kind of marketing works best for your company?

Telemarketing.

I'm surprised you are only doing ~1.2M/yr. From your website it looks like you may be a little top-heavy for a gross income that low. You have a dedicated human resources person? I would be happy to give you some percentages, but I would not hand my financials over to anyone who is not prescreened and looking to purchase my business.

OWNER,
Your sales calculation is not correct. My first entry said I wanted to see financials with monthly sales no less than $100,000. I assure you mine are beyond that number. Love to talk further about reality performance measures in this business 419-841-6636 x 206. I am not looking to buy companies. I am looking to buy information.

neal

i can see from your point of view, it's a funny request what you are asking for.

i would love to have a mentor to teach me stuff, and going hand in hand with that would be a set of financials, that i could use as a guage to see how i am doing.

i have never found a mentor, or a yardstick to guage wether i am ok or not. With no yardstick to measure with it is hard to see if you are sucessful or not.

just to have a mentor to help walk a person through business decisions, that had already been successful would be priceless.

neal,

i just happened to look at your website.

wow.....i bet i could live on what you spend on that web site.

i noticed you have cupons for deductibles for 50 bucks. just wondering how many cupons do people actually turn in? i never thought a web site was actually much good? that should be a good gauge of how many people actually look on the internet?

your employee manual sure looks professional too, that must have took a long time to get all set up.

Neal - How many seats does your call center have and how many installs do they produce each month?

I would also be interested in viewing this information if anyone is interested in sharing it. I will pay $200. per statement and sign a confidentiality agreement.
John 800-394-5377 ext 713

since safelite is publicly traded can't you just go to the investment websites and get safelites financials?

according to nags and the insurance companies they are the ones to emulate.

Wow, Neal, you sure lit a fire. lol

I think the majority of readers and posters here are trying to figure out how to survive, not how to be more efficient. Steering has become so rampant, it's unbelievable. Shop owners in general aren't in a position to figure out how to improve efficiency to bolster profitability at the rates allowed, because it makes no difference when customers are steered before price, or efficiency becomes part of the equation for them.

I think most of the larger players wouldn't answer in this open forum even if they do read your request; likely most of them would email or call you.

I'll try to find a moment to call, I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on a couple of other subjects also, and it's been too long since we've spoken; years, come to think of it.

Lets see, you telemarket and you want successful owners to give you their financial information. First of all if someone is grossing 100k a month why would they care about a 100 bucks. Second, if they were smart enough to become that successful wouldn't they be concerned of you blanketing their area with annoying telemarketing calls. Just a thought

So glad to hear responses like Marks. Let me restate my position. I asked a question. I don't need to be told my question is stupid and why it can't be accomplished. In my company, we focus on HOW TO make things happen instead of WHY DON'T things happen. I am dissappointed yet not suprised at the chatters who attack my ideas instead of participating in information sharing. I really think most of you who have responded negatively are absolute fools and I have already recieved value for my effort beyond anything you naysayers could understand. I am certain that most of the mindful owners will and have jumped at the chance to share critical benchmark data. So you naysayers can berate me or my question as long as you choose, but if a brain wave crosses between your ears, then respond to the content of the question and not to the questioner!

my response was certainly not directed at you.

it was a sarcastic response, saying that nags and the insurance companies setting prices use safelites prices as gospel, and i was pointing out that safelites financials could be used as benchmarks. i would use their numbers as benchmarks if it was my wish to become broke, as they have been once.

in no way would i ever call anybody as successful as you, stupid. i appologise if you took it that way, and after reading the way i wrote it i understand why you might have interperted it in that manner.

i am truly sorry if i offended you, it was not my intent.

So people who challenge your posts are deemed fools and unintelligent. My post was simply stating the obvious. You would be a fool to sell your financials for 100 dollars. I didn't attack you. I simply disagree with you and your definition of a fool. You need to lighten up.

Also, I don't think this is the proper forum for solicitations.

EVERYONE PLEASE READ
6. Classified ads. This includes help wanted, items for sale, etc.

Is'nt this part of the problem in this bussiness. (Information sharing) Look at all the info that people gave to Safelite and Lynx. Where did it get the auto glass trade!

I think Neal is just looking for someone comparable to his company's size to put his company's performance up against, to see how they measure up. And he's willing to pay for the info.

That's not really selling anything, he's looking to buy something.

BTW, Neal, don't be so hard on people for being negative. It's not that we're not trying, they are focusing on the problems of the industry, with not just the business sense of making money in the current system, but with the passion of fixing the system by focusing on what it wrong with it. Continually trying to find ways to cuts costs and be more efficient eventually leads to cutting corners that should not be cut.

The smaller business people are in this business to make a living for themselves and their families too, but add to that a passion for the biz beyond just good business.

Having said that, those people might just have some pointers for your bigger business, ultra personal service. WalMart figured that one out too, even though they just 'try' to make themselves look like a neighborhood store by showing the employees smilin' faces and the greeters at the door. Still...the point is....those smaller businesses may still have some good ideas and info to offer too.

I am willing to pay a bonus for a good installer can I post this on here?

No help wanted or classified ads. This is a discussion forum. Thanks.

I have known Neal for several years and I clearly understand the intent of his post. Neal is not one to sit around and let the TPAs dictate his business; he takes advantage of ways to grab the customer before the TPAs get involved. His business ideas are very innovative and may seem unorthodox to some but the proof is in the numbers. Neal is simply looking for benchmark data to judge his company against so that he will know if there are things he could be doing more efficiently.

great idea!! next thing to try is selling frozen hot water to go along with our fortune cookies.

Safelite is not a publicly traded company.

WireHead,
Thank you! You get it! Your response was accurate, precise and balanced. Thank you. 419-841-6636 x 206.

Neal don't you manufacturer custom hood's for car's and truck's and have so-called phantom shops set up in MI. The phantom shops, in my opinion, are not good business.

otis,

call me and I will explain the facts. 419-841-6636 x 206.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com