AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NAGS

HAS THE IGA EVER THOUGHT OF LOOKING INTO TAKING NAGS ON IN COURT. THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY IN BED WITH BIG INSURANCE AND TO CONTROL THE MARKET. THE MANUFACTURES DON'T RECOGNIZE THERE PRICE AS REAL ANYMORE I WONDER HOW A COURT WOULD INTERPRET THIS MESS.

Re: NAGS

I would suppose if it could be proven that NAGS conspired with insurance companies and their pricing was set up to benifit the insurance companies while hurting others in the industry, then a motion could be filed for an injunction and a restraining order forcing NAGS to cease and desist. Anything is possible -if your pockets are deep enough. Good luck.

NAGS is 3rd behind CCC and ADP with their body shop software. Their market share is very, very low and only a few insurance companies use their services when it comes to appraising and paying claims. But Mitchell’s does have one thing that is very useful to the insurance companies and that is NAGS. Now the rumor is, a few insurance companies have made a verbal agreement that if Mitchell’s helps control the auto glass pricing situation then they (the insurance companies) will help strengthen their market share by utilizing the Mitchell’s software. Because auto glass revenues are insignificant compared to the reviews generated in the physical damage arena, auto glass is the sacrificial lamb

Though I would tend to agree with 'Take My Word", I have no proof of such, but it's a fair bet he's right.

Nags hides behind the same cliche that the other data providers he speaks of do: "It's a guide." Nags goes a step further, and openly states 'it's up to the trading partners to negotiate discounts ect ect', as if there was any 'negotiating' going on at all.

Nags is not a bible. It's a guide, and a poor one at that. THe disparity between NAGS and OEM prices prove that it's an aftermarket parts database, and if that isn't enough, then the thousands of net priced parts prove it.

Any court would say basically, "where is the gun to your head forcing you to use it?".

It's simply up to the shop to say no. When insurers are taken to task for ignoring real market prices derived from real market invoices, then perhaps, something will change.

Now we're back to shops taking control of their own businesses and charging what they need to make a fair profit, not what someone is telling them to charge and hoping to make ends meet.

I see the problem as two fold. First NAGS moved away from using the OEM mfg. of a part as the basis for a list price. They claimed to base the benchmark price on their market research. What glass shops pay for a part. There are some large shops that will buy it direct from China and have shared that cost with NAGS. What they forgot to share was the part did not have a rain sensor, or molding like the OEM part should have. I have seen some parts offered from China as Glass only when the should be encapsulated. This helps to drive down the benchmark price.

The other problem I see is the TPA billing a flat fee for a claim. Same price for a W/S, tempered part or repair. When you control the work you can make money off the mix. How come Safelite only sends me work I can't make any money on?

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com