AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
"HOW MUCH IS SAFELITE STEALING FROM YOU?"

I JUST GOT A CALL FROM THE USAA GLASS NETWORK (SAFELITE) ON A REPLACEMENT FOR AN OLD CUSTOMER OF OURS, AFTER THE REFERRAL INFO WAS GIVEN TO ME THE CUSTOMER CAME ON AND ASK ME "WHY WERE THEY (SAFELITE) TRYING SO HARD TO SEND SOMEONE TO MY HOUSE AFTER I REQUESTED YOUR SHOP?" HE SAID THEY TRIED 2-3 TIMES MORE TO USE THEIR REPLACEMENT COMPANY. FINALLY MY OLD CUSTOMER WOULD NOT HAVE ANY MORE AND ASK TO SPEAK TO SUPERVISOR, THEN THE CSR GAVE UP AND CALLED US WITH THE REFERRAL. I HUNG UP, CALLED THE USAA CLAIMS BACK, GOT SAFELITE, ASK TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR, GOT A SUPERVISOR, GOT HER NAME, TOLD HER I WANTED A COPY OF THE TAPED CONVERSATION OF MY CUSTOMERS CLAIM REPORT CALL, SHE SAID OK THEN HUNG UP, NO GOODBYE, JUST HUNG UP. JUST HOW MUCH A DAY, MONTH, YEAR, DO THEY STEAL FROM EACH INDEPENDENT?

Re: "HOW MUCH IS SAFELITE STEALING FROM YOU?"

Do you honestly think you will get a copy of that call?

If you do, please let us know. I will request a copy of ALL my calls.

WE HAVE HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN NUMEROUS TIMES. LIKE, EVERY CUSTOMER THAT WANTS TO USE OUR SHOP THEY HAVE TO TELL THEM AT LEAST 3 TIMES THEY WANT OUR SHOP! SH YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY WHAT SHOULD BE DONE. HOLD THEM TURKEYS ACCOUNTABLE! LET US KNOW IF THEY SEND YOU A COPY OF THAT CALL,,, HMMM MY GUESS IS THEY WON'T.

Brigid O'Leary is doing a story on steering. AGRR mag.

They've tried to do to me when I had to replace my own windshields over the last couple of years. I'd call in a claim, and it was, "We can send someone right out" without asking if I had a preference. Of course I was told that I'd be responsible for any "excessive" charges. The last time, I told the young girl "That under no circumstances are you going to send those idiots with that crap glass anywhere near my vehicle!" That's when I told them what I did and where I worked. I can't blame the CSR, she's just going by a script and doing what they trained her to do.

Its amazing what you get when you pad an insurance companys wallet.Ive been trying for years to do something about it.Just keep the lube close,cause untill we see them go under.Your going to need your lube.

do you really think there is a tape???. i dont think so.

If there isn't a tape then once again they are lying to the industry. Everytime you a billing issue sgc says they will have to review the "TAPE". But I also wonder,,,,, do they really exist? hmm

Yes-the tapes are real!

Whenever I receive a complaint, the tapes are reviewed to see just what happened. Some odd things can happen! Usually however, the customer doesn't mention your shop or that they have a preference for a particular shop.

If we find something unfair or improper happened, we make up for the lost work as best as possible. [Really!]

If you suspect steering--I would like to hear about it and you will receive a no B/S personal report of the findings.

the problem with State Farm is the steering starts at the agent level. There are no tapes there, but insured are required to call agent first... thats were all the kickbacks and gas cards come into play

You will never get a copy of that call.

Re: Re: "HOW MUCH IS SAFELITE STEALING FROM YOU?"

I know for a fact that here in Arizona manY State Farm agents and thier employees only send business to the sales rep who gives the most in kickbacks. From what I have heard they love Target cards. It makes me sick to think of these folks sitting behind thier desk demanding kickbacks to send business.

Question for HAL-

When a customer(insured) calls the TPA whos customer is it? Is it the insurance company's, the TPA's, or the shops customer?

What about when an insured calls the TPA from the shops phone? Insurance's customer, TPA's Customer, or shop's customer?

How about a copy of the TPA call HAL? If the steering isn't happening then you would gladly hand over a copy of the taped conversation correct?

GOOD QUESTION CCC. And here's another question for hal. In an area where there are several or quite a few shops to choose from, I can tell you from experience most customers don't really care because they think they are all alike, and hey they just want the glass replaced. (They have no idea what CHEAP SHORT-CUTTING IS.)And 99% of the customers think they are talking to thier insurance co when they call sgc or lynx,(this is the first deception)in steering. I wonder now how many customers would choose the shops nearest them, for quality and quality of SERVICE, if given the choice up front? I absolutely know in rural areas customers WANT and will choose LOCAL service over some shops coming from 50-100 miles or more away. Also if they really knew the problems associated with mobile service we already find they will want quality of in shop service, and a company there to take care of them if there is a problem. SO AGAIN MY QUESTIONS IS,,,If customers, right away, in the script were asked if they wanted the shop nearest to them, I wonder, if only for service sake, that they would in fact choose the closest service availible. hmmm what do you think?

Well, hopfully AGRSS and CASPA will greatly increase the knowledge of the public in the near future. Get behind these organizations if at all possible.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com