AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
04 CADILLAC DEVILLE BACK GLASS

AT MY SHOP WE DO R@I AT THE CADILLAC DELEAR AND WE
ARE HAVING A HARD TIME PULLING THE BACK GLASS WITH
OUT MESSING UP THE MOLDING. CAN YOU HELP

Re: 04 CADILLAC DEVILLE BACK GLASS

It's a Cadillac, order the 43 dollar molding as it is available separately.

WE TRYED TO ORDER MOLDING AND WAS NOT AVLABLE

the 43 dollar moulding is just a bottom piece, not the whole wrap around. I have run into the same problem and the answer is "too bad". Alot of these glasses are made not to be reusable, sure they could probably make and sell the moulding separately but why would they want to do that, when they make much more money selling a new back glass.

the other thing is how much time can you spend pulling the glass, even if you spend all day doing it, it seems in the final cut, you always seem to cut the **** moulding, and just wasted a lot of time trying to save something that wasn't designed to be saved.

THANKS FOR HELP RJ

Is it an underglass molding you could use some universal on? We use universal underglass for Malibu's and some foreign backs, looks OE.

We just did one the other day for a dealership. It was leaking in the urethane. We had to buy a new back glass with the moulding on the glass. We did notice several body seams were leaking as well. Underneath the padding towards the drivers far back corner was a built of of road dirt and water stains. We ran a hose underneath of the vehicle and water shot everywhere inside the trunk. We used a DB9761GTY. The body seams were way to open to help them fix inside of the trunk area.

If you do alot of r@I's. I suggest you buy the Inductor. I own one of my best investments. A little expensive but well worth it. It will pay for itself.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com