AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is it illegal...

For State Farm to send the check to the insured, even though we submitted the invoice and we have an assignment of claims on the invoice?

Re: Is it illegal...

I think it depends on your state laws. Look at the unfair claims practices act. I know ours states that the insurer has to pay the insureds chosen vendor. You have to make sure that you have a solid assignment of proceeds that is signed by the customer.

GREAT QUESTION,,, I'D LIKE TO HEAR AN EDUCATED ANSWER. MY UNEDUCATED ANSWER IS YES IT IS ILLEGAL OR SHOULD BE. THEY DO IT CAUSE THEY CAN AND HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH IT. THEY DO NOT GET AWAY WITH IT IN MN, BECAUSE OF STATE LEGISLATION. MORE STATES SHOULD FOLLOW THIS EXAMPLE!!!

In my state,some send a check to the customer that needs to be endorsed by both parties.This is a good way to be sure you are getting your money.The customer can't keep your money.

Re: Re: Is it illegal...

Check with you State Laws but in Arizona it is illegal but you will need to put State Farm on notice they will do everything to ignore the law.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com